Eagle 300 XP Info/Opinions >

Eagle 300 XP Info/Opinions

Notices

Eagle 300 XP Info/Opinions

Old 02-20-2018, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eagle 300 XP Info/Opinions

Been researching these boats and not a lot of info out there. I have read every thread I can find on offshoreonly so looking for more opinions.

I am looking at an 03 with twin 496ho engines for reference.

How would one of these compare ridewise to say a Sunsation Dominator with he same power?

I cant seem to find any really good pictures of the hull but I see the pad on the back of the hull is about a foot wide.... do these not handle bigger water very well? Mainly boat on Lake St Clair in Michigan but might do a couple trips in the Great Lakes.

Opinions are appreciated.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

I have a 04 300xp,620 hp 540's,I like the boat not many here on the east coast .the boat runs mid 90's but starts to bow hop at around 85.Yes the pad is about a foot wide and above 80 it will start to walk.you have to learn how to keep it up on the pad,not a big problem. As for big water,no! 3 to 4' is ok.anything bigger beats u up.IMO,I the Sunsation would be better for bigger water. Good Luck with what ever u go with!!!!!
Old 03-07-2018, 10:46 AM
EZ
Registered

I have a 01 300xp , 500 efi's with a little work done and xz drives and it runs in the low 90's. A coworker had the same setup in a 32 dominator,ran almost identical . Not sure how the ride was in the sunsation . Like mod58 said the eliminator over 80 its walking a little ,mine seems to get out of it around 85-87 . To me, very fun keeps me from sitting in the bolster . Good luck
Old 03-07-2018, 12:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by EZ
I have a 01 300xp , 500 efi's with a little work done and xz drives and it runs in the low 90's. A coworker had the same setup in a 32 dominator,ran almost identical . Not sure how the ride was in the sunsation . Like mod58 said the eliminator over 80 its walking a little ,mine seems to get out of it around 85-87 . To me, very fun keeps me from sitting in the bolster . Good luck
What about in rougher waters? Thanks for your input. Do you think the dominator hull compared to Eagle hull is more capable or less... or same...
Old 03-07-2018, 06:20 PM
EZ
Registered

We did the buffalo poker run in 2012 , got caught in the back for a bit at the start . Was pretty rough till we got up front, after that I became quite confident with the hull . We had a little bit of flight time at that run . I would say it's a great hull for 2 footers , fun in 3-4 footers , after that it's going to kick the hell out of you
Old 03-07-2018, 09:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by EZ
We did the buffalo poker run in 2012 , got caught in the back for a bit at the start . Was pretty rough till we got up front, after that I became quite confident with the hull . We had a little bit of flight time at that run . I would say it's a great hull for 2 footers , fun in 3-4 footers , after that it's going to kick the hell out of you
Thanks again. My guess is the Dominator would be similar to what you are saying. Anything over 4 ft cant be great in a 32 ft or less boat.

Where does the porta potty stow in your cabin?
Old 03-08-2018, 08:57 AM
EZ
Registered

It has a head area with door on the starboard side
Old 03-08-2018, 05:28 PM
Registered

starboard side

port side,head is in the enclosure on the right of the seat.

looking in from cockpit,head is in door on right just behind the helm.
This is how my'n is laid out.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I haven't seen many of the Eagle 30' with the head in them. The few of these I looked at had the same door in the same spot, but it was just a "locker". No head. Looks very nice in your cuddy. I'd like to upgrade to one of those one of these days. If i could find one with a head, the wife would buy into the idea. But just a loose porti potti on the floor in front of the bed, not so much.

Last edited by cloudmaster_321; 03-12-2018 at 09:44 PM.