25 Daytona Fuel Cap vent holes? >

25 Daytona Fuel Cap vent holes?

Notices

25 Daytona Fuel Cap vent holes?

Old 04-06-2021, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 25 Daytona Fuel Cap vent holes?

I have a 1998 25 Daytona, 502 Mag with Black Hawk drive. Always start out with full fuel tanks. When backing down the ramp I'm leaking fuel out around fill caps. Thought it was O-rings on the caps. Upon closer look I notice there is a vent hole in each cap that goes under the o-rings and they appear to be factory. What would be the reason for this? I have tank vents on each side. Just concerned as fuel is on the water surface when I fire up (no pun intended) the engine. This could get ugly real quick. Any thoughts about filling the holes in the caps?
Old 04-07-2021, 05:31 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I had the same problem. I bought new fuel caps without vents from Eddie Marine. Problem solved except the threads were not compatible and I had to replace the filler necks as well.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks SkiDoc! So, I am assuming it didn't effect performance when you eliminated those vent holes. I'm puzzled because I've had a few performance boats and never had vented fill caps. Just don't understand why they are there. Thanks again for sharing.