Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Eliminator
33 Eliminator bottoms >

33 Eliminator bottoms

Notices

33 Eliminator bottoms

Old 09-12-2023, 07:40 PM
  #1  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cedar Springs MI
Posts: 570
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 33 Eliminator bottoms

Looking for some solid information on the 33 Eliminator bottom. I believe the first year of the 33 was 1996. I have heard and read that there was an early design bottom with the 2 deep sawtooth style steps, and then the later bottom built after 2000/2001 with the much smaller square edge steps. I also called Eliminator and was told by a salesman that there has only ever been 2 bottoms for the 33 even into the 2005 and newer canopy boats. So I had assumed that the early style that hopped so bad was the deep sawtooth style step and then the later revised bottom was the much smaller square edge steps and helped the handling of the boat. Now I have learned after looking at pictures and talking with Eliminator that they built both style bottoms from 1996 until 2000/2001 and then after 2001 only built the bottom with the small square edge steps. Does this sound accurate? If I find a 1997-2001 with the small square edge steps itís the same bottom as a 2010 and will handle much better than the the ďoldĒ large sawtooth style step bottom?
rob vanharten is offline  
Old 09-13-2023, 02:43 PM
  #2  
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 79
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by rob vanharten
Looking for some solid information on the 33 Eliminator bottom. I believe the first year of the 33 was 1996. I have heard and read that there was an early design bottom with the 2 deep sawtooth style steps, and then the later bottom built after 2000/2001 with the much smaller square edge steps. I also called Eliminator and was told by a salesman that there has only ever been 2 bottoms for the 33 even into the 2005 and newer canopy boats. So I had assumed that the early style that hopped so bad was the deep sawtooth style step and then the later revised bottom was the much smaller square edge steps and helped the handling of the boat. Now I have learned after looking at pictures and talking with Eliminator that they built both style bottoms from 1996 until 2000/2001 and then after 2001 only built the bottom with the small square edge steps. Does this sound accurate? If I find a 1997-2001 with the small square edge steps itís the same bottom as a 2010 and will handle much better than the the ďoldĒ large sawtooth style step bottom?
Had a 2000 and it was terrrible hopped from 65 mph to 125 , sent it back to the Cali factory and they rolled it over and cut new steps Thane developed @ Eliminator and it made it worse ..
PROP STAR is offline  
Old 09-13-2023, 08:38 PM
  #3  
Registered
 
OkieTunnel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 878
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default





I donít want to argue with Eliminator but I have seen 4 bottoms. The two notches(top). One with triple notches that might have been custom modified and not from factory? (2nd photo). Two small steps (3rd pic-this is the good bottom) one small step (bottom) The two small steps is the later bottom and runs very well. My personal 33 is the later bottom, has no tab, and does not porpoise. It takes a good set around 80 depending upon load and runs very flat. I have talked with owners of other bottoms and all I have heard is how terribly they porpoise. Iíll post a pic of mine as well.

Last edited by OkieTunnel; 09-13-2023 at 08:40 PM.
OkieTunnel is offline  
Old 09-13-2023, 08:49 PM
  #4  
Registered
 
OkieTunnel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 878
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default




Here is mine. 2 small steps. I believe it is a 2000 (canít remember right now for sure) but it certainly is one of the very earliest builds with the good bottom.
OkieTunnel is offline  
Old 09-14-2023, 07:19 AM
  #5  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cedar Springs MI
Posts: 570
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Thank you so much! This is very helpful!!

When I called Eliminator and talked with the salesman I got the impression he didn't really know the answer to my question. It would seem my hesitancy to believe his explanation was correct. So the pictures below and a couple others like it have me very confused. The white boat below is a 1997 which I verified with the vin number and seems to have the same bottom as your boat okieTunnel which is supposed to be the latest design coming out around 2000/2001. The 3rd picture is a 1999 also seems to be the same bottom as your boat. If you happen to around the back of your boat anytime soon and could verify the year that would be helpful. I noticed your drives are not on boxes, I wonder if that plays into this at all. Seems like almost every other one is. Thanks again!!


1997 vin number confirmed

1997

1999

Last edited by rob vanharten; 09-14-2023 at 07:24 AM.
rob vanharten is offline  
Old 09-14-2023, 11:54 AM
  #6  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Texoma
Posts: 116
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

I have looked at his serial number on the back of the hull and it is definitely a 2000, it ends in 00
shark42 is offline  
Old 09-14-2023, 05:32 PM
  #7  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cedar Springs MI
Posts: 570
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by shark42
I have looked at his serial number on the back of the hull and it is definitely a 2000, it ends in 00
Thank you shark42!
rob vanharten is offline  
Old 09-14-2023, 09:10 PM
  #8  
Registered
 
OkieTunnel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 878
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I donít think third pic is exactly the same. It looks like the single small step even though it has another step right at the back. The first and second pics boat should run well. Boxes I donít think are ever a negative but the good bottom doesnít need them to run correctly. They do give you more options as you have some adjustability in drive height and also it puts your point of thrust farther back which makes your trim adjustment a little more effective on the hull. And, I will not argue with Shark 42. Like he has said he knows my boat pretty well. He is the one other person (besides my wife-bad ass boat driver!) I let drive my boat. If he says it ends in 00, then it ends in 00 Iím sure. Iím 100 miles from my lake house or I would go take a picture.👍
OkieTunnel is offline  
Old 09-15-2023, 10:31 AM
  #9  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cedar Springs MI
Posts: 570
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by OkieTunnel
I donít think third pic is exactly the same. It looks like the single small step even though it has another step right at the back. The first and second pics boat should run well. Boxes I donít think are ever a negative but the good bottom doesnít need them to run correctly. They do give you more options as you have some adjustability in drive height and also it puts your point of thrust farther back which makes your trim adjustment a little more effective on the hull. And, I will not argue with Shark 42. Like he has said he knows my boat pretty well. He is the one other person (besides my wife-bad ass boat driver!) I let drive my boat. If he says it ends in 00, then it ends in 00 Iím sure. Iím 100 miles from my lake house or I would go take a picture.👍
Thanks again for all the help!
rob vanharten is offline  
Old 09-15-2023, 06:24 PM
  #10  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Texoma
Posts: 116
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by rob vanharten
Thanks again for all the help!
I only know his boat well because I have been trying to buy it from him since he got it!!🤣🤣
shark42 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.