40 Excalibur in Maryland >

40 Excalibur in Maryland

Notices

40 Excalibur in Maryland

Old 11-26-2007, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
40 Excalibur in Maryland

I have been trying to deal with a Mike Sweeney at Mears Point Yacht Sales on this boat all I want is current pictures of the boat.

I am in Afghanistan working with the Army and Marines, leaving here to go physically look at this boat would cost about 13,000 dollar in tickets and lost wages so asking for current pictures is not that unreasonable.

I have been repeatedly told by Mr. Sweeney that 34,000 won't buy a perfect boat; I don't expect the boat to be perfect.

The last boat I looked at buying was really misrepresented and that has made me a little apprehensive about wasting time and money to go see a flop.

If anybody has any information on this boat please let me know, I would much rather deal with the actual owner of this boat rather than a broker anyway. Also if you own the boat you should know that Mr. Sweeney just ran a potential buyer off.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:54 AM
Registered

I'm waiting to settle a car accident claim, I'll buy the sob if it's still around.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:05 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

John, you should just contact Ed Cozzi here on the site.
He will go see it for you and do a full survey that you can trust. Make your decision off that.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Registered

Thanks, I just wanted some current pictures of the boats condition, and Mears Point Mike won't send them to me.

He has been playing a game and he knows I'm in Afghanistan.

I have tryed to convey that if I take the time and spend the money to go look at a boat that has been misrepresented to me.

There will be some good old country problems going on.

I don't want anyone to go out of the way to look at this boat, I just couldn't believe that a man that is suppose to be selling a boat would run a customer off.

A customer with cash is always a good thing no matter how much the sale price is.

I thought somebody on here had seen the boat, I know that it has been for sale for a year or so.

Thanks,
Old 11-27-2007, 05:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by John.Vaught
Thanks, I just wanted some current pictures of the boats condition, and Mears Point Mike won't send them to me.

He has been playing a game and he knows I'm in Afghanistan.

I have tryed to convey that if I take the time and spend the money to go look at a boat that has been misrepresented to me.

There will be some good old country problems going on.

I don't want anyone to go out of the way to look at this boat, I just couldn't believe that a man that is suppose to be selling a boat would run a customer off.

A customer with cash is always a good thing no matter how much the sale price is.

I thought somebody on here had seen the boat, I know that it has been for sale for a year or so.

Thanks,
John,,
I saw a thread on this boat a while back, (possibly 3 months), it said the boat looked alot better in the pictures, and when they went to see it in person they said it needed tlc, obviously that buyer passed on it. I wouldnt spend the money on a plane ticket, its definently a boat you will want to survey first. I will try and find it in a search for you.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:00 PM
Registered

Thanks Guys.

I have been a member of this site for a while.

I don't post much but when I do you guys are always spot on.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Registered

Umm, yeah...... I drove 16 hours round trip to see this boat. I can get you real good pics and a low down on the "condition" this thing is in. I passed it up for a few major reasons. PM me if you like.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by beamog
Umm, yeah...... I drove 16 hours round trip to see this boat. I can get you real good pics and a low down on the "condition" this thing is in. I passed it up for a few major reasons. PM me if you like.
I knew you were out there some where,
Old 11-27-2007, 06:12 PM
Registered

It looked great two yrs ago when it was first forsale,, but I dont think its had love for awhile.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...land+excalibur
Old 11-27-2007, 06:20 PM

Hey John,watch out for the older boats!Spending $500.00 on a survey is well worth your time.At least with a survey you can find out what kind of shape the hull and drives are in.I bought a 78 Cigarette Mistress to restore and the survey came in at $38,000.Bought the boat for $25,000 and she still needed to be gutted and redone.Here are some pics when she pulled in the driveway.Remember TLC can open a whole can of worms.I have her totally gutted now.These are the things the survey or the seller does not mention. Be careful!
Attached Thumbnails 40 Excalibur in Maryland-cig-dogs-050.jpg   40 Excalibur in Maryland-cig-dogs-077.jpg   40 Excalibur in Maryland-cig-dogs-109.jpg  

Quick Reply: 40 Excalibur in Maryland

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.