31 Excalibur support >

31 Excalibur support

Notices

31 Excalibur support

Old 03-20-2011, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 31 Excalibur support

I'm considering purchasing a 1983 31 Excalibur from a guy and am looking for some general information and support about these boats and this seems to be the place to get it. A buddy of mine has one and raves about it. The hull on the boat does have the pad which I know is highly desirable whereas my buddies does not have it. His has the "v" all the way to back of tramsom. The boat is in solid shape and does come on a nice triple axle trailer. It has twin 454's + .60 = 467cu. Here is a list of goodies it has....
-forged pistons
-dimpled rods
-SS intake Valves
-inconel(??) exhaust valves (don't know what this is)
-Roller Rockers
-Quadra Jet Cards
-Gil Exhaust
Total hours on the boat is approximately 320-350 hours. The boat has fresh motors & TRS drives with approximately 25-30 hrs. I have receipts to verify the 2 replacement TRS Drives ($5600 ea) and a bill from a well known reputable marine service shop totaling $17,250 worth of parts and work in 2005 (including the new drives). I'm thinking this is an opportunity for me to get into a bigger boat with twins without dropping a fortunte to do it (at least to buy the thing anyway). I'm a bit concerned as to the overall reliabillity of the engines with the modifications to them. Can anyone comment on this and give me some confidence that this is the right boat for me to consider investing some time and a little money in a light restoration project as time and $$$$ permits. Any help or comments anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello,
Inluding the asking price and a few pictures might help folks answer your question better.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Powerquest230
Hello,
Inluding the asking price and a few pictures might help folks answer your question better.

X2
Old 03-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Registered

sorry for the lack of better info, guys. The only pix I have are color photo copies. I am going to look at the boat a second time this weekend and will try to take some pix if I can to post. I know this doesn't help much pertaining to this boat specifically. I was just looking for some general info on the 31 Excalibur. Price wise?..... I think I can get her for under $10g's w/triple axle trailer. Hull is solid and in great shape. Guy says it runs awesome.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Registered

I think I know what boat you are talking about. Is it in WI if so I looked at it over the weekend