Boat Wax, 1 coat per year??? >

Boat Wax, 1 coat per year???

Notices

Boat Wax, 1 coat per year???

Old 03-04-2008, 11:53 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think I'm being railroaded and put on the pedastal again.

That's Ok, I'll post here what I just PM'ed Donny on my experience with Leverage, since it had been some time since my above post was written and had time to get a real feel for the product. Hell we all know a new boat at the Miami boat show is going to have that spectacular shine no matter what the product is, so lets get down to real world results that matter, on a used boat.
Yes, it is very easy to apply and remove. Yes, it leaves an shine and slick surface that we all die for. (Or will die from while walking on the deck.) I applied a 2nd application approx 1 1/2 months after the initial one. Mainly because it's so easy to use and takes less than 1/2 hr to do my boat. Plus I thought it would give the boats finish a good base for an accurate report. 5 or 6 months later since last application, it still has that like new brand new feel and shine. Granted it has been in the garage under a full cover since Nov 1, but the cover slides off easy.

I suck at picture taking, but we'll see.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 03-05-2008 at 12:32 AM.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know we like you Jerry.

Those transom shots came through perfect on the PM. Let me know if you need anything. I'm hoping Spring is right around the corner!

Donnie
Old 03-12-2008, 08:34 AM
Registered

Donnie , Will You Be At Houseboat Show In Louisville This Weekend?
Old 03-12-2008, 09:00 AM
Registered

I'm out on the HB expo. We've done Miami and a few local shows lately and attendance has been way down. I'm scheduling some Poker Runs, but waiting on shows until the economy does something.

Donnie
Old 03-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Registered

Default Chalky finish

I have a boat that has a good finish but on the nose the white areas have started to get chalky. Even with expensive wax it still comes back. I had it wet sanded about 2 years ago and the guy that did it said that the gel coat was to thin to wet sand again so keep it waxed. Will your wax get rid of my oxidation?
Old 03-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Registered

Hi GS,

Sorry to hear about the chalk especially after having it wet sanded. I won't comment on the gel since I can't see it for myself. If you can't sand then buff. Wax will not remove the oxidation. It will cover it up temporarily and further complicate your problem. My polish will not remove the oxidation, but my Oxidation Remover and a buffer will. It will remove the chalk and give the shine back. After that then you can follow up with my Polish for the UV Protection and lasting shine.

I've also posted some buffing and oxidation threads here in the fiberglass section.

Let me know if you need anything.

Donnie
Old 03-16-2008, 02:40 PM
Registered

Default Chalky finish

Can you email me some prices and your contact info so we can catch up? [email protected]
Old 03-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Registered

marine clean can you also send me prices and availability of your products. [email protected] thanks
Old 03-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Registered

Email sent Kevin. Please let me know if you need anything!

Thanks, Donnie
Old 03-26-2008, 08:48 AM
Registered

Donnie, made my first purchase today and need to know if there is anything special that needs done prior to applying these products? any special other things or tricks that might hlp to get the deepest shine? you could e-mail me if you get time. thanks kdawg [email protected]

Quick Reply: Boat Wax, 1 coat per year???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.