Boat Wax, 1 coat per year???

Notices

Boat Wax, 1 coat per year???

Old 03-26-2008, 05:28 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

KDAWG,

Thank you for your phone call and your order today. If you have any other questions please feel free to call me.
Thanks Jim B
Old 03-26-2008, 10:45 PM
Registered

Hello from up here in the Great White North...

I just purchased a Stinger 390x Miami Vice Edition. It is still all origninal on the outside but is suffers from the regular "Chris Cracks" that those era of boats usually get. Most of the gel is still in very good shape and the three colours of blue and the white are still intact but faded as would be expected for a 24 year old boat. I spoke to Donnie last week and ordered some product.
I was absolutely blown away by the picture (I believe it was #174?) of the aluminum trailer. I have a similar aluminum trailer but well oxidized. I will take before and after pictures and post them in the next couple of weeks of both the boat and my trailer.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Registered

Donnie,
I posted a thread earlier asking about your product after seeing it on OSS's website last year. Someone replied with a link to this thread. I just ordered your Oxidation Remover and Polish from Lakeside Restorations and I should have it by the end of the week. The person I spoke to recommended buffing the whole boat with the Oxidation Remover and then applying the Polish by hand. I ordered a 16oz bottle of each and he said this should be enough for a 29' boat. If you have any recommendations for applying the Oxidation Remover with a buffer I would appreciate it (i.e. how many buffer pads will I need.) Please email me when you have a minute [email protected].

Thanks for your help and I look forward usuing your product and a white boat again!
Mike
Old 04-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Registered
Gold Member

MAI0076,
A 16oz. bottle of oxidation remover and polish should be more than enough to do your 29' If you are refering to buffing as in a wheel using a wool or a black foam pad that is correct. Just keep your arms moving not to stay in one place for very long. When your done with the oxidation remover you can remove any access with a towel. I would also recomend waiting 24 hrs. prior to polishing. Good luck and let us know your results.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JIMB
MAI0076,
A 16oz. bottle of oxidation remover and polish should be more than enough to do your 29' If you are refering to buffing as in a wheel using a wool or a black foam pad that is correct. Just keep your arms moving not to stay in one place for very long. When your done with the oxidation remover you can remove any access with a towel. I would also recomend waiting 24 hrs. prior to polishing. Good luck and let us know your results.
Thanks Jim,

I spoke with Donnie yesterday and he gave me the same advise. I plan on posting before and after pics. The only thing I am struggling with now is when to do it. The products are due here today and Sunday is supposed to be beautiful here, but if I do it Sunday that leaves the boat exposed for over two weeks before she goes in the hoist. So I am thinking I might wait a week or 2.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-12-2008, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Donnie,

I have an oxidation spot on my stbd side right above where the bilge and water outlets are. Is this a common spot for this because of the heat? Also, it's about 2'x2', do I need to wet sand this before using your oxidation remover (I hope not)?

Thanks,
Nick
Old 04-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Leverage

Can you email me info on how I can purchase you products

[email protected]
Old 04-13-2008, 07:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NKissau
Donnie,

I have an oxidation spot on my stbd side right above where the bilge and water outlets are. Is this a common spot for this because of the heat? Also, it's about 2'x2', do I need to wet sand this before using your oxidation remover (I hope not)?

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick,

You may have to wetsand, but it all depends on how severe the spot is. I would first try the OR and see if that will take care of it. Let me know

Donnie
Old 04-13-2008, 08:11 PM
Registered

I'm in Long Island, NY - where is the best place for me to purchase Leverage products.

Thanks.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:13 PM
Registered

Hey Ray,

I would say Lakeside, but I think he might be out of stock. He's starting to focus more on his S/C and performance parts, so Jim at Top Notch is your closest currently until I can find a dealer in NY.
http://www.topnotchperformancemarine.com

Donnie

Quick Reply: Boat Wax, 1 coat per year???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.