Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Fiberglass and Paint (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fiberglass-paint-167/)
-   -   question on repairing crack in the michelob lights deck, & resto pics (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fiberglass-paint/141577-question-repairing-crack-michelob-lights-deck-resto-pics.html)

FeverMike 09-30-2006 10:04 PM

Re: question on repairing crack in the michelob lights deck, & resto pics

Hey Rat, if you need some honest and professional experiance and advice you should contact Stve Miklos and Gary D in New Port Richie...right up the road from you. They have had to do solid repairs to their race boats for years. Call me and I will get you in touch with them. Best of luck and have fun with your project.

ratman 09-30-2006 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Hey Rat, if you need some honest and professional experiance and advice you should contact Stve Miklos and Gary D in New Port Richie...right up the road from you. They have had to do solid repairs to their race boats for years. Call me and I will get you in touch with them. Best of luck and have fun with your project.

i got it under control bro, ive done a fair amount of glass work over the years, i just wanted a little feed back on the backing material for the repair, the more i get into the damaged area i see why it failed, no one really did a good job on the area, just several half assed repairs on top of each other. i ground thru all that crap and am down to the nitty gritty. im gonna back it with 3/8 thick epoxy soaked oak boards then repairing the top with 4/5 coats of biaxial cloth and vnylester resin, then will put 3/4 coats of biaxial cloth over the oak to encapsulate it. ive spoken with 2 engineers and am real confident it will take the pounding i plan on putting it thru :D give me a ring if you want to swing by and check it out. im looking for a helper if you know anybody looking for a full time job for a month or so. take care dude, talk to you later, rm

Comanche3Six 10-01-2006 08:52 PM

Ratman
I appreciate you restoring that powerboat and I would love to get a ride in it when you are finished. I have no fiberglass skills so I can't offer any repair advice. But I do know of a shop in NJ that is Top Shelf if you get in a bind. Fiberglass Plus in Bricktown.
Best wishes
Ed

ratman 10-01-2006 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Papache
I'm back was i missed ? why dont you use the junk race hatchets i sent you? they came off an apache. They will hold the resin bucket together better then your saran warp and glue.When you ever get it done you will need to put weight on the other side of the boat to level you out. those so called 1000hp or 750hp oil burners motors will tear that junk apart. start looking for a new hull maybe an apache.I would not even post pic's of that junk on line that is an embarrassment to boating :eek: here is your next boat this is your speed rat

go poison someone elses thread, you inbred moron...don't go away mad you ripoff, just go away.

littlenige 10-02-2006 03:59 AM

Keep the pics coming - and thanks for saving a piece of history and returning it to itīs former glory! Old School ROCKS!!!!!!

O.C.Barry 10-02-2006 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by ratman
any luck on the pics barry, i gonna send all the pics i can round up to ryan beckley so he can start figuring out my lettering etc, thx for your help! rm

Am I thinking of the correct boat? It would have been in the race headquartered at Turberry Isle either in '85, 86', or 87'. It was a Scarab that John Connor was racing. I sort of thought that he bought it from Betty Cook, but maybe he bought it from Gentry or Arneson. If that's the boat, I'm sure I have a picture at the dock in Turnberry, because John Connor had just stepped off the boat and walked past me.

Barry

nocigarette 10-04-2006 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Papache
And for you mr magnum owner come to N.J. an I will show you who is puzz you guys have toy boats you need to go to toy's ur us for part's get off line

It is people just like you that give offshore owners a pucked up name...........Believe me you reach around master if i had the money i would have a bigger boat, but i am just a construction worker that works his azz of every day for his wife and his boat..........The only differnce between me and you is i took a boat that had not touched water in 12 years and made it run over 80 in my 2 car garage.........Every nut and bolt,wire, gauge,part,etc i put in myself, on a limited income so any response you have after this you can smoke my pole..........................

oh buy the way have a really pleasant day.................

O.C.Barry 10-05-2006 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by O.C.Barry
Am I thinking of the correct boat? It would have been in the race headquartered at Turberry Isle either in '85, 86', or 87'. It was a Scarab that John Connor was racing. I sort of thought that he bought it from Betty Cook, but maybe he bought it from Gentry or Arneson. If that's the boat, I'm sure I have a picture at the dock in Turnberry, because John Connor had just stepped off the boat and walked past me.

Barry

I found the picture. I had most of the lineage correct. It is probably a different boat though. The boat is a 38 Scarab, run by John Connor, numbered 286 and is called 'Revenge'. I believe he bought it from Betty Cook after throttleing for her.

Barry