Originally Posted by insptech
lol owner error, not the boats fault

for those that will ask, I ran out of gas
Old 03-07-2007, 12:57 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
. . . . Assclown was trying to make a name for himself . . . . .

well i guess he succeeded in that in some sense
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 03-07-2007, 01:26 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Originally Posted by customtouch
I too was put in Glassdave's position earlier this year. A friend allowed a "reputable business" to repair a 42'MTI that I had painted for him. They almost completely ruined the boat! I could not believe that anyone would do the things they did to any boat, but especially not to one of this caliber and expense!! I had not seen work done that bad, even on used cars. The total apathy by the "repairman", for the amount of money that someone had invested in this boat was unbelievable to me. They painted the bottom of the sponsons and did not even sand them. I guess they did not think it was necessary since the boat would only do 150 or so!! They repaired several cracks by just spreading bond over them without even beveling them or even removing the paint. The color matches were WAY off. They even used purple paint to spot in some of the blue areas!! To be fair, it DID match the blue as well as it matched the purple!! Of course NOTHING was masked off and the boat was completely covered in over-spray!! These are just a couple of the things, from a LONG list of wrong things done to this boat. It took a LOT of work to get his boat back into shape!!! The worst thing (to me) was that the boat made a couple of poker runs with this CRAPPY work on MY paint job. My fear is that people that saw it, thought it was done that way originally!!! The bottom line is, a lot of painters can talk the talk, but when it comes to CUSTOM, not as many can actually walk the walk. Check their reputation and track record!!! A lot of them will have the pride and skills to do a good job. MORE of them won't!!!! Again, Kudos to Glassdave!!

that sux! yea you are right, alot of painters attempt to talk the talk. i also think alot of it is that some of these guys see the dollar signs an think they can learn on the fly and usually end up wayyy over their head. Its also very important that a painter has experiance working with large graphics, as CT said referances are critical. I have been in this game for a while now and the bulk of my custom painting is on boats anymore. sad thing is the guy that was working on this boat actually did come recomended. aparently he has had done some boat work in the past for Art Lilly but he just got in way over his head on this one and caused Rob alot of agravation in the mean time.

I have a few more pics to put up pretty soon here. Pretty much in the down hill streach with both sides completley done an buffed to a sweet shine . doing some detailing on the topside after finishing up those graphics, lotsa buff'in an clean'in up there. Gimmie a call when ya get a chance Rob and we'll figure out when is good to come an get it. I have plenty of room so its not really in my way. oh hey . .. i looked up in the nose the other day and checked out all the signatures up there, thats pretty cool.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:06 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

notice on the signatures that the only one in English and readable is Craig Barrie?
Old 03-07-2007, 09:21 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think assclown would be a good name for the tiger...

i bet dave has some silver and blue leftover that he could use to paint it on with!!!!
Old 03-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Sean H

i bet dave has some silver and blue leftover that he could use to paint it on with!!!!
yea . . . .got a gallon or two extra. im gonna use it for somethin though that blue was pretty cool.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:30 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glassdave
yea . . . .got a gallon or two extra. im gonna use it for somethin though that blue was pretty cool.
i think that would be trademark infringement.... didn't i get that color patented or something? stripclub blue?
Old 03-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

i think that would be trademark infringement.... didn't i get that color patented or something? stripclub blue?
hell i got a bunch of extra because i thought you would need it for touch up paint. but you would have had to actually USE the boat for that to be necassary

whats going on with that thing anyway did you buy it back yet?
Old 03-07-2007, 07:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

get back under your rock
Old 03-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Rob - don't you realize all these pic's Dave posted are fabricated crap, and dust from his paint shop floor from the last 8 projects?? ( I think I even saw shavings of Sean H's blue in there). He's just jackin' the price on you for how hard he's telling you he worked on it

If Masher and Stecz haven't put it together yet, I'm in for $100 for the cock & balls paint job on the Gunnels

Boat looks good! All in fun. Ass hat

Quick Reply: GlassDave?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.