Notices

carnuba wax???

Old 03-29-2007, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Would throw up the same question in my mind. I've always understood that gel coat is a somewhat porous material that needs to be sealed,in some fashion, to protect it. Being porous it can, over time, pick up and hold some dirt, for lack of a more techical term, and the result can be discoloration of some sort.
Please refer to my previous post Ragged.

IE> bottom stains that require agressive cleaning such as acid bottom wash to remove. I have never heard that it needs to be alowed to breath. That being the case, no manufacturer would apply any form of paint, by doing so it would make them responsible for any resulting damage. Perhaps Marieclean has some info on this that we are unaware of, maybe he could share that here.
Sure, I have visited with many different fiberglass repair shops and chemists about this subject. We live on Lake Ouachita here in Arkansas. Lake Ouachita is rated as one of the cleanest lakes in the nation, but why do gel/clear boats that are sitting in the water for long periods of time turn yellow underneath? Is it a reaction with the water? No one can be 100% sure, but everyone has an opinion and they vary alot between fresh and salt water. My opinion/research is air! A boat's surface needs to breathe in order to keep it moisturized, the same effect as carnauba. When you store a boat in the water, it is not breathing. The water acts as a pressurized shell around the bottom of the boat and robs it of it's nutrients like air. Is this the manufacture's fault? NO, it's cause and effect. That's why everyone that leaves a boat in the water for long periods(1-2 Months+)usually has a painted bottom.
Mileage may vary.

On my own boats, always inside for storage and boathouse kept in season, I've always found that a solid/regular program of cleaning, a once a year buff with 3M Finesse-it followed by a good quality wax gets rid of/keeps the crud from biulding up/collecting. If you want that perfect shine there are no short cuts, at least that I have ever found, and I've tried most every wonder product out there.
Inside storage is perfect! A covered slip or always covered is the best way to go for the finish. I have been a fan/user of 3M Finess-it for sometime. I've used it as a stripper and then followed up with my polish. The only time I use it though is when I've got some old wax or stubborn stains that I need to remove.
As far as shortcuts, I would like to see more everyday, If they work. Kind of like moving a load of rocks for the 'Honey-Do' list. Yep, I love the front end loader versus the shovel.
Now with that being said Ragged, what if you were offered a solution that worked that was easier?
Is Leverage Polish an easier solution? Yes, but it is still work. Is it easier on a New boat versus an Old boat? Yes, New just needs a quick coat of polish, but Old might need stripping or even wetsanding.
I'm not offering a miracle. I introduced my Leverage as an alternative to other products on the market that contained harmful chemicals and caused long term problems. I offered my research and experiences from working on boats all day, everyday. I'm not someone who went to a chemical company and said," Hey, put my label on your product, like 99% do." I interviewed Company after Company before We gave them our formula. Yes, I've had to use different chemists over the years to perfect certain ingredients that I could not do, but it's been under my direction. My wife and I(We)decided to put it on the market last year in May and so we started working towards that goal. We introduced it here to our OSO family as samples last year and then finished the Bulk bottling contract up in just enough time for the Miami show.
So in short, Many years of research, many years of ups and downs, many sacrifices, many adventures to say the least and Yes, it works.

Donnie
Old 04-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Registered

Wear do i pick up some Leverage, I have used Driven Marine polish for a couple years with good results. after reading this thread I would like to your product.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thanks_don
Wear do i pick up some Leverage, I have used Driven Marine polish for a couple years with good results. after reading this thread I would like to your product.
Trick Marine my friend.

Thanks, Donnie
Old 04-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Registered

Now that's service.. Donnie I'll order today. looking forward to using your product on my bow... good luck with your business

Last edited by thanks_don; 10-24-2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Hers a question for ya marine clean...............Before i say anything i am going to buy your products from fred......But i need to know what to buy, with that being said i have a new paint job....Base coat urathane and 3 coats of ppg clear......After i wet sand what steps of your products due i go through,and no i am not looking to save steps i just want it perfect and i always like to be the guy that tries new things.......I want to be the guy that says try this sh%t it is the best...........
Attached Thumbnails carnuba wax???-magnum-131.jpg  
Old 04-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

its not perfect but a good wet sand and i think it will look good......................
Old 04-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Registered

Donnie went to Trick Marine website , I saw Leverage spray wax for sale. I would like to get your oxidization remover to, so I can remove old wax before applying new product. any info, thanks
Old 04-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nocigarette
Hers a question for ya marine clean...............Before i say anything i am going to buy your products from fred......But i need to know what to buy, with that being said i have a new paint job....Base coat urathane and 3 coats of ppg clear......After i wet sand what steps of your products due i go through,and no i am not looking to save steps i just want it perfect and i always like to be the guy that tries new things.......I want to be the guy that says try this sh%t it is the best...........
Hey Brother,

I think Dave will be in touch soon. Since you have already sprayed and it looks like it might have been a couple of days then we might need a different approach. You only have a short amount of time to sand and buff before the clear sets and I am hoping that the time has not passed. I will let Dave fill you in on what he's using for new clear and then we can talk compound and polish.

Donnie
Old 04-01-2007, 10:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thanks_don
Donnie went to Trick Marine website , I saw Leverage spray wax for sale. I would like to get your oxidization remover to, so I can remove old wax before applying new product. any info, thanks
Fred hasen't had a chance to update his website, but he has everything in stock. His phone should be back to normal tomorrow. 866-921-4553.

Thanks, Donnie
Old 04-02-2007, 07:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by marineclean
It's the reaction of Carnauba, the Sun and a Fiberglass surface that causes the problem.

Donnie
Perhaps that's why mine doesn't yellow. The first thing I do when I buy a boat is have a high quality FULL SIDED cover made. A good cover ain't cheap, but it is compared to new paint, and upholstery, and I don't think Leverage will do anything to save your upholstery.
Attached Thumbnails carnuba wax???-cover.jpg   carnuba wax???-c1-small-.jpg   carnuba wax???-3-26-2006-013-small-.jpg  

Quick Reply: carnuba wax???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.