Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Fiberglass and Paint
Best hull cleaner I've used >

Best hull cleaner I've used

Notices

Best hull cleaner I've used

Old 11-20-2010, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is everyone using PowerOne as the hull cleaner all around, ie both the scum line and exhaust residue? Or using the P1 for the scum line and QuickShine for the exhaust residue? Also looking for some feedback on the vinyl products, restoring and protecting? Has anyone had stitching decay issues from the products....just afraid to put anything on the areas with the fear of eating away the stitching.

Thanks
Old 11-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't use anything with bleach in it for cleaning vinyl. I use 303 for vinyl protectant. I use Simple Green for cleaning and tough spots Magic Eraser.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Registered

Heater any info on that Ice in the jug feeling?

I am not sure if should use whats left?
Old 11-20-2010, 05:51 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

I use P1 on the really hard stuff, and the coffee stain. The bilge soap highly diluted cleans the transom very nice, but my transom is painted, so the clear coat cleans easy. I like the vinyl stuff. Its not a cleaner, just a protectant. It did clean some stuff off. It looks shiny, not greasy, and I like the UV protection. I LOVE the Vitreo wax. I haven't tried it on the vette yet, but I will in the spring. The boat is a mirror.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:37 AM
Registered

Default Cuddy Buddy from www.Fountainofyouthrestore.com with Majic Eraser works in seconds!

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
Don't use anything with bleach in it for cleaning vinyl. I use 303 for vinyl protectant. I use Simple Green for cleaning and tough spots Magic Eraser.
Cuddy Buddy comes in quart or gal. from www.fountainofyouthrestore.com amazing with magic eraser!
Old 11-27-2010, 01:01 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Quickshine report:
I used it on my wifes dark blue, filthy car. Cleaned the whole car with NO scratches, very quick. Has been about 6 weeks now and the water still beads. Very nice.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
Heater any info on that Ice in the jug feeling?

I am not sure if should use whats left?
30ctsutphen,sorry I didnt respond sooner to your question.Please call kevin, the owner of the company and I'm sure he can help you with your question.his # should be at the website he listed above.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:03 AM
Registered

Toilet Bowl cleaner in a spray bottle...spray it on...have a beer...hose it off...the hull comes out beautiful...nice and white/bright. About a buck fifty for a bottle and IT WORKS!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 09:29 PM
Registered

Default What's up!?

Originally Posted by FuelinAround
Your skin..... I admit the stuff works awesome but I end up with chemical burns on my hands from it (girl friend works at a dermatologist and he confirmed). I absolutely will continue to use the product will just use gloves.

My sprayer was rubber parts. It seems to have just eaten through the gaskets that make the sprayer air tight.
I've been reading all the reports about power 1 on OSO and almost changed my mind about buying this stuff. I went to the web site and watched the demo videos and the owner is pouring it all over hisself talking about it being completely safe and harmless to your skin so I don't see how it can be so caustic. He would be inundated with law suites if that were the case. I think I'm going to give it a try!
Old 01-27-2011, 04:39 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK I put some in the wifes shampoo bottle will let you know...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.