Project for GlassDave?????? >

Project for GlassDave??????

Notices

Project for GlassDave??????

Old 09-20-2010, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project for GlassDave??????

Hmmmm, perhaps I don't need to sell my PQ26 to have a mid-cabin. I just don't have the balls to do this myself. This guy did his 26 Cobalt and I think did a great job. Too bad he's in Seattle and I'm in TX.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:24 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

just a sawzall and some ambition . . . . all it takes

someone did that to a 41 Apache several years ago to the horor of most of this site. Its actually not a bad idea in some cases with the right boat.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 09-21-2010, 01:11 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

The though of an open bow performance boat kind of scares me... would the people riding up there in anything but calm water or slow speeds be introduced to an anti-gravity situation?? And if you ever stuffed it, that would be a lot of water in the boat... or are my concepts of physics off??
Old 09-21-2010, 07:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
The though of an open bow performance boat kind of scares me... would the people riding up there in anything but calm water or slow speeds be introduced to an anti-gravity situation?? And if you ever stuffed it, that would be a lot of water in the boat... or are my concepts of physics off??
It just depends on how you drive it, I wouldn't be going over 25-30 mph with people up front or having people up front in the rough. I'm having an issue with space, too many people in the cockpit, so a MCOB would be ideal for me. If conditions become rough, I would just put the cover on the bow and move everyone back to the stern.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave
just a sawzall and some ambition . . . . all it takes

someone did that to a 41 Apache several years ago to the horor of most of this site. Its actually not a bad idea in some cases with the right boat.
If I had more experience with glass I would probably take a shot, but I have zero. The guy emailed me step by step instructions, but I can't see really messing my boat up for doing something amateurish and having something looking really ugly or just non-professional.