Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Fiberglass and Paint
The Re-Birth of an Apache Scout >

The Re-Birth of an Apache Scout

Notices

The Re-Birth of an Apache Scout

Old 05-25-2011, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 367 Likes on 211 Posts

Early Monday after the wedding it was off to the Honeymoon.. 3 days in Nassau, Bahamas.. I cant believe how nice that place was..
Attached Thumbnails The Re-Birth of an Apache Scout-7-4-2010-128.jpg   The Re-Birth of an Apache Scout-7-4-2010-136.jpg   The Re-Birth of an Apache Scout-7-4-2010-166.jpg  

Old 05-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Registered

Then we did 5 days at Austin's place in the Abacos. It was a blast! I still was thinking about the boat then... Thinking about how great it would be to have there! This is one place I would recommend going. Lubbers quarters was real neat. You have to have a boat to get there and get around.. This was perfect since I was boatless.... And I even had my boat lift to use.. I cant forget the awesome boat ride we had on the ocean coming back from Pete's pub. Austin knew how to run that 28' Pantera...

http://www.lubberslanding.com/
Attached Thumbnails The Re-Birth of an Apache Scout-7-4-2010-254.jpg   The Re-Birth of an Apache Scout-hoonymoon-abacos-004.jpg   The Re-Birth of an Apache Scout-hoonymoon-abacos-133.jpg  

The Re-Birth of an Apache Scout-hoonymoon-abacos-140.1.jpg   The Re-Birth of an Apache Scout-hoonymoon-abacos-137.1.jpg  

Last edited by J-Bonz; 05-25-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Registered

- To Be Continued-
Here's a few pics of the 50' Maurader I snapped before leaving the Abacos. This was the same day that the "Barefoot Bandit" stole a boat out the marina.... I think he took the wrong one! I know which one I would have.....
Attached Thumbnails The Re-Birth of an Apache Scout-hoonymoon-abacos-345-1.jpg   The Re-Birth of an Apache Scout-hoonymoon-abacos-346-1.jpg   The Re-Birth of an Apache Scout-hoonymoon-abacos-349.1.jpg  

Old 05-25-2011, 11:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats.....
My wife and I met in 1971, married in 1997.
We have been together since 1971 and have been boating for close to 40 years.
The boats have changed, but we haven't.
I wouldn't change anything for the last 40 years, maybe my wife would.
Had Jet Skis in the 80's, have them now, although they now have suspension.
Went from 47' houseboat to 22' Donzi.

Life moves on...
Old 05-26-2011, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your wedding looks great, you and ange are an inspiration both for our apache scout and kate and myself!

call or e mail, i would be happy to chat boats and stuff!

best regards,

Christian
[email protected]
www.battlewagon18.com
Old 05-26-2011, 05:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 183 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Wow, yours is running really good! I dont think I could even get close to that towing it. I think the fastest it went was 60-65 mph. Thats just a guess... I am impressed how fast your friends was...! I dont think this boat will ever see that speed, even with a 300 on it..

Since I did close up the motor well, I was going to buy a Stainless Marine extension box. I already have a Stainless jack plate. I am just unsure on how much set back I should go with. I remember talking to Bobby and him saying the best ride was when it was transom mounted.. The other thing I have to deal with is it a 25" shaft... I would love to step up to a larger & newer engine but that will have to wait a while. I will be happy just to be on the water...
Jr.
Don't let the long shaft worry you. Mine's got the same thing. In fact, that's part of the reason for the jack plate. (I have an 8" setback.) In fact you may find that the mini outboard well you removed actually allowed you to trim the motor up into the trailer position without hitting the rear portion of the deck. If you run a shorty, you're going to have to go with a lot of setback to get it in the right position.

Keep up the good work and keep those pictures coming!
Old 05-26-2011, 05:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 183 Likes on 69 Posts

Hey, I do have one question that's been troubling me when I look at the pictures of all of the great work you've done inside the boat with the stringers and bulkheads. I couldn't help but notice that you built bulkheads that exactly matched the deadrise of the hull and glassed them in all the way across the bottom.

Normally, manufacturers leave a small gap right at the lowest point by the keel to let water drain back into the bilge. They also provide places for the water to run from the outside of the stringers to the keel area so it can drain out.

My Progression is very similar to your hull and I have a space under the gas tank where water can run all the way back from the swim locker to the drain. In fact when I foamed the tank in place, I had to take extra care not to plug that passage with foam.

So my question is, did you take drainage into account when you built everything? If the water can't get out, it will slowly do what the termites did rather quickly. I'd hate to see that happen to you after all the hard work.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:29 PM
Registered

Wow, First nice day outside and it sucks being boatless................... I gotta be bored out of my mind..... I guess I should start looking for another...
Old 05-30-2011, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Wow, First nice day outside and it sucks being boatless................... I gotta be bored out of my mind..... I guess I should start looking for another...
Yep...it's an addiction alright. Imagine me...here in "boating 12 months out of the year" territory and sitting on the sidelines for 2 years...watching everybody else headed out.

Bro...you need to get hooked up with something
Old 06-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In 6 days ill have plenty for you too do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.