Old 10-16-2014, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

APX what is the Cost to wrap a 31ft?
Old 10-16-2014, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Woof this IS an old thread...I got an email saying its been resurrected

I will tell you first hand that one of the biggest problems I have with mine is once something is rubbed or scuffed you cannot fix it.
Ever heard that saying it's a 10' boat or 10' car meaning it looks great from 10' away but once you get closer you see all the imperfections...yeah that's what my wrapped boat was like after 2-3 years.
Once I came onto the trailer crooked and the roller did a number on the bow, another time my kid was putting his wakeboard on out on the swim deck and scratched the hell out of the corners. Once you have scrapes and rubs you can't just buff them out or touch up paint them, you're screwed.
So take that for what it's worth. I still love my wrap, it attracts tons of attention and from a few feet away it looks pristine, but get close and you really see the imperfections...well at least I do. Chad
Old 10-18-2014, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same protection of gel coat my arse!!!
Old 02-02-2015, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The key to holding up to rubs/bumps etc is the laminate...and there a many...the better the more glossy and harder to damage(but not impossible) but the cost goes up...and that is the key..so many are so price driven that thats where the $$$ is cut...and it's the worst in my opinion, we are using a lot of the color change vinyl(not on boats yet) but this stuff is working great and come already with a good laminate...so if you are looking to just change the hullside color and are not looking for graphics thats a option...Rob
Old 02-02-2015, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All true Rob, also the new gloss laminates are self healing from light scratches it's pretty impressive what can be done with the new films a little heat and light scratches dissipate.

True though,People think they should be cost driven but it's always you get what you Pay for, and WE turn work away when those situations arise because our reputation is on the line.

Nothing beats custom paint but the right designer with a wrap can create good results.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ridefast77
Well wraps are awesome, but a little pricy but not even close to the cost of a custom paint job, wrap durability is good but make sure you have some bumpers to hang over the side when docking. i have had both custom pant and wrap a wrap will not have that glass shine but if you get tired of the graphics on a wrap you can just pull it off and thats a +++ i paint for a living so i like paint but for the money unless you know someone a wrap is the way to go and for the versus colored gel coat, that is a negative. hope i helped good luck. Here are some pics of before and after my wrap.
I noticed you are in NC. Who did the wrap for you. I am having my Fountain done and don't know who to use. How much did you pay for yours?