Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Fiberglass and Paint
Best Gel / Glass Guys in the MidAtlantic Area! >

Best Gel / Glass Guys in the MidAtlantic Area!

Notices

Best Gel / Glass Guys in the MidAtlantic Area!

Old 09-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Gel / Glass Guys in the MidAtlantic Area!

Looking to get my deck Block Sanded or Ground out on some areas that had moisture bubbles form last season. Maybe get it re shot with Gel or Painted?

Just can't handle looking over a bumpy deck next year? Any suggestions? I have used Case Brothers in Lemoyne, Pa on my little boat (22 Classic) ...but they can't handle the 28 Pantera in their shop. They do excellent work btw.

So I am looking to see who else in Maryland, Delaware, or Pa ?

Thanks In Advance for any suggestions.

Danny
Old 09-22-2011, 04:55 PM
Registered

take it to ospery marine compisites they do awsome work there they are in deal md
Old 09-23-2011, 05:47 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

GlassDave, Toledo, Ohio
Old 09-23-2011, 07:51 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Scarab3DMC
GlassDave, Toledo, Ohio
ironically three of the boats in my shop are from Maryland . . . . must be a reason
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 09-23-2011, 09:21 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I wonder why a fairly new Pantera 2007 would have blisters on the top deck. Do you think its related from a boat cover and moisture? Does'nt Pantera have a least a 5 year hull warranty against manu's defects?

Inland stored boat, Plus a shorter boating season than lower half of the US. Seen pics on here of this boat so I'm sure boat is dry / enclosed stored and very well taken care of. Has to be materials used or a lay up problem. Just asking thanks.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:41 AM
Registered

Dan, Take a look at Kirban Customs in Kintnersville, PA. I boat with them and their work in beautiful.

http://www.facebook.com/KirbanCustom...8.158693859925
Old 09-23-2011, 10:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
I wonder why a fairly new Pantera 2007 would have blisters on the top deck. Do you think its related from a boat cover and moisture? Does'nt Pantera have a least a 5 year hull warranty against manu's defects?

Inland stored boat, Plus a shorter boating season than lower half of the US. Seen pics on here of this boat so I'm sure boat is dry / enclosed stored and very well taken care of. Has to be materials used or a lay up problem. Just asking thanks.
I have an 18 year old Donzi that sat outside with a full cover for most of its life, out side of some random checking and normal wear the Gel is remarkable and flat.

I did have a full Sunbrella Supreme cover made for it...and I am sure the fact that the boat is now being used alot more and seeing some exposure to Rain and Elements - compared to staying constantly in a garage...it contributed to the current conditions of the surface.

The 28 I believe had some holes in the center rail mounting area that were not filled and we had some migration of moisture to the areas affected. Fact is the Bubbles or areas I want fixed are only one of the blemishes, the main finish of the deck has never been good, the original owner had indicated that to me. So regardless of the Bubbles, there were areas that have never been what they should have been?

To be honest I am not here to bash Pantera, Jo and Pepe have treated me great...and always answer my questions. I bought a used boat, as is...regardless of the cause and effect of whatever... I want it fixed, corrected and straight.

The boat has a good life, the Hull is insane on the water, great rough water boat... I keep it super clean...and its always had the best maintenance and care...

I just want a quality experienced Glass/Gel Professional to work on it. I have no issue paying to correct it, I have no issue with Pantera Boats.... as a second owner - they treat me with all due respect and courtesy... I don't fault them at all, it is what it is...and I will handle it.

I wanted the best single engine offshore hull to handle the Bay, I have always admired the 28 SS look, the 28 gives me that...I am in this for the long haul...when I am done with it...the boat will be better than new, faster than new and second to none in its class. Its already pretty popular - although it has been living up to its name "Insolent Minx".

I am fortunate to have some great people in my Stable of Friends and Manufacturers that take very good care of me and guide me.

I appreciate the suggestions. I have no trouble hauling it to Ohio... but I got to believe there must be some qualified peeps out this way? Maybe not?

Thanks Again

Danny
Old 09-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by HiPerf2000
Dan, Take a look at Kirban Customs in Kintnersville, PA. I boat with them and their work in beautiful.

http://www.facebook.com/KirbanCustom...8.158693859925
Thanks Mark I will check them out. I love his Cigerette, has to be one of the nicest I have ever seen for what it is, he was just at the Inn last weekend in fact?

Thanks Again...I will touch base with them.

Danny