Fitting a Raymarine E7 in my dash >

Fitting a Raymarine E7 in my dash

Notices

Fitting a Raymarine E7 in my dash

Old 12-23-2011, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitting a Raymarine E7 in my dash

I posted this in general section, wondering if I have to pull the speedo and rpm and fill the holes and redesign the dash.

I need some suggestions on how I'm going to fit a Raymarine E7 into my dash. I'm not worried on the height, it's the width. Here are some pics, I'm on the East Coast and the boat is TX, so I can't get more measurements at this time. I have a little bit of space on the outerside of each gauge, so maybe bring the gauge hole right up to the edge. Not sure if there are smaller angled bezels, perhaps sand down the outer edge of the bezel? I need .565" on each side. Any ideas or advice, besides getting a smaller unit.

thanx

Old 12-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Why not just get rid of the speedo ail together. I know it's another cool gauge but there really is no need for them in this day an age. If you don't mind the offset to one side ya might be able to get away with not doing any glasswork either.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 12-24-2011, 02:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave
Why not just get rid of the speedo ail together. I know it's another cool gauge but there really is no need for them in this day an age. If you don't mind the offset to one side ya might be able to get away with not doing any glasswork either.
I might not have a choice, but I like the look of a balanced look of having a gauge on each side.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:26 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Slide the switch/breaker panel down.
Move the GPS recall to where the cigaratte lighter is.
Move the cigarette lighter to under the dash.

Looks like you would have enough room to put it just beneath the big gauges, behind the wheel a bit.

Or move the big gauges down, and put the GPS at the top.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:28 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Or, if you dump those huge stand off bezels, can you slide the gauges out enough, all the way to their 'limit' to get the E7 to fit inbetween?
Old 12-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Or, if you dump those huge stand off bezels, can you slide the gauges out enough, all the way to their 'limit' to get the E7 to fit inbetween?
That's going to be my first choice
Old 12-24-2011, 09:18 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

You can also open up your options by going to a screwed on face panel, carbon fiber or something. That would allow you to put everything anywhere ya want and also throw some more bling on it.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:10 AM
Registered

You can also open up your options by going to a screwed on face panel, carbon fiber or something. That would allow you to put everything anywhere ya want and also throw some more bling on it.
That's BRILLIANT!! I wasn't afraid of filling in the holes, but I was wondering about how I was going to match the color. Now I can patch the holes and just cover them up with a plate. Just goes to show ya why Dave makes the big $$$$ !!! Still going to try going with a smaller bezel and try to slide the gauges over, if not, going to go with the face panel.

Thanx Dave

Last edited by bert4332; 12-25-2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:32 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bert4332
That's BRILLIANT!! I wasn't afraid of filling in the holes, but I was wondering about how I was going to match the color. Now I can patch the holes and just cover them up with a plate. Just goes to show ya why Dave makes the big $$$$ !!! Still going to try going with a smaller bezel and try to slide the gauges over, if not, going to go with the face panel.

Thanx Dave

You really don't even need to fill in the holes. In fact I would probably just open up the dash under the new plates. That way if you ever need to service any of the gauges you can just un screw the panel and tilt the panel back. You could do the whole project in a weekend
Old 01-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Registered

If I was back in TX I would try to make the plate myself, but I really don't have a shop here to mess with it. If I cut out a piece of cardboard are there places which would make say a red carbon fiber plate? What would be the thickness needed?

thanx

You really don't even need to fill in the holes. In fact I would probably just open up the dash under the new plates. That way if you ever need to service any of the gauges you can just un screw the panel and tilt the panel back. You could do the whole project in a weekend