Lowering my Engine Hatch >

Lowering my Engine Hatch

Notices

Lowering my Engine Hatch

Old 04-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lowering my Engine Hatch

I bought a boat that had a Blower motor in it and replaced it with a 454, so now i need to redo the hatch to make it lower plus fill the holes that the exhaust use to exit the boat through.

I have searched on OSO but have not found anything about making the hatch smaller.

I am basically looking for any ideas since this is my first time doing this.

Here are a few pictures...

So i have taken the scoop off and removed all the staples in the vinyl. I was thinking it would come right off... I was wrong. Where the vinyl that lays flat(horizontal) meets the vinyl with the Eliminator logo on it, it is attached to the hatch somehow. It goes in between the foam and i cant see where it attaches at and i dont want to go ripping the vinyl or foam out because i would like to reuse any vinyl that i can to keep the cost down.

Any ideas on how to get the vinyl skin off the hatch so i can start cutting it down?

Thanks ahead of time!