Brown water stains >

Brown water stains

Notices

Brown water stains

Old 07-16-2012, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fordf350
Getting the brown OFF is not my issue I use attwoods and put it in a nice trigger sprayer and "Bamm" I bought this boat from Pier 57 this past year and there are a couple of what looks like a spray pattern like from a spray bottle and they are always bleach white and the rest of the lower hull is brown so there has to be something out there that works to keep the stains off. Has anyone used Mguires boat wax?
I use Meguairs Pure Wax on the hull. Leave the boat in for a week, put it on a trailer and wipe 95% of the brown stain off with a microfiber cloth. Then, I spray Meguairs #59 spray wax on the waterline and it takes off any stain still on.

On a side note, the Pure Wax must be pretty effective since, while in the water, a fender was stained with a yellow brown stain that I could not remove and the fender had vinyl protectant on it. I've been very satisfied with Pure Wax.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:09 PM
Registered

just wanted to add that the boat has been in the Hudson River where it is slightly saline and the barges and tankers dump their sludge from time to time, so the boat gets exposed to nasty stuff.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It all depends on the water you boat in... I have tried everything to prevent the coffee stain on my boat. Nothing has worked. So I quit trying and just spay it down with POWER ONE once I have washed it. While it defiantly works better when the boat is dry, I have had good success while boat is wet after a wash... It will attack an aluminum trailer though... As will most of the other suggestions like toilet cleaner. It just turns it white.. I have decided the ease of cleaning with POWER ONE is worth the discoloration of my aluminum trailer fenders...
Old 07-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

theres probably a thousand waxes out there, but really nothing is going to stop it. I have been experimenting with turtle wax ice this summer to see how it goes, seems to work not to bad. I have also used aerospace 303.

But anybody wants to get stains out try CLR. Used that on dads boat a while back and worked great. I would use it on a test spot first just to check.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:30 AM
Registered

I am thinking a tank spraer with some good iron out mixxed in the bed of the truck, and when I pull it out of the river, spray it down then, maybe drunk it againt o rinse it off and go home?

but that extra dunk will block ramps to long so maybe just the spray down, and hit the road.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You don't want to leave any of the above mentioned products on for any period of time... I would suggest take it home, spray it down then FRESH water rinse.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

we always used the works when we sliped at the river. i have a yellow boat now that i trailer, not sure if its the color or becuase its trailered now i dont ever have anything that doesnt come off with soap.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hematite
just wanted to add that the boat has been in the Hudson River where it is slightly saline and the barges and tankers dump their sludge from time to time, so the boat gets exposed to nasty stuff.
esp this week huh~! hear about the spill?
Old 08-11-2012, 07:01 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
Power One from Fountain of Youth

http://fountainofyouthrestore.com/Fo...wer_One_1.html

use to take me half a day to clean off the ring around the bottom of the Donzi after a weekend in the water, now takes about five minutes. Works best on a dry surface so i just let it sit at my shop overnight and walk around it with a spray bottle, hose it off and i'm done.
Dave how do you use so little product? I used the whole bottom on my boat. Are you spaying it on or brushing it on?
Old 08-16-2012, 10:48 AM
Registered

i bought a little pesticide sprayer, for 9 bucks at lowes.

mixed up iron out and its instant mist the brown areas and washe clean, never even get your hands wet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.