thinking of attempting a project >

thinking of attempting a project

Notices

thinking of attempting a project

Old 02-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinking of attempting a project

i have a 23 foot warlock world class deep v with a bravo and hp500 it will do around 75 in the bay with good chop. i want to get to 80 cheap, my problem in the river is it will start porpousing like hell and im positive its because my drive hangs too low, it hangs really low, havent got the measurements yet its in storage, im thinking about moving my drive up a good 4-5 inches, i need to know a few things... what measurement do i exactly take, what materials will i need exactly, how much is this going to cost me, am i going to have to make new steering lines to reach the heighth change, make blocks under the motor mounts? will this make it worth more or less? any kind of input you have will help would i be better off trying a imco shorty or is it worth the labor?
Old 02-03-2013, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Willcrof10
i have a 23 foot warlock world class deep v with a bravo and hp500 it will do around 75 in the bay with good chop. i want to get to 80 cheap, my problem in the river is it will start porpousing like hell and im positive its because my drive hangs too low, it hangs really low, havent got the measurements yet its in storage, im thinking about moving my drive up a good 4-5 inches, i need to know a few things... what measurement do i exactly take, what materials will i need exactly, how much is this going to cost me, am i going to have to make new steering lines to reach the heighth change, make blocks under the motor mounts? will this make it worth more or less? any kind of input you have will help would i be better off trying a imco shorty or is it worth the labor?
just so you know moving your drive/x dimension up will make your faster But it will not make your boat worth more. Your on the right track for speed but having a deep drive does not make you porpous. But haveing a deep drive and triming the hell out of it will. estimating a $$$ amount is kinda hard. cause it alwasys cost more moving the motor up is not that bad if you have an offshore style race mount if you dont get one. and i dont understand why you need to make new steering lines to reach the heighth change you should be able to use the same ones."is it worth the labor" Do you love your boat and how bad do you want to go faster? i would try a imco shorty for starters and go from there....and just throwing it out there i have 2 imco -2 shortys im going to sell just so you know lol.

Last edited by ridefast77; 02-03-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

+1,,i hear this alot with small cats,,they porpose at 70 until 90 mph..so your boat is not fast enough to drive through it..first thing is to determine where the bullet of the drive is compared to the bottom of the boat..if its only a couple inched then a imco shorty is the ticket..i think -3 is as shallow as they come..that and a blower would put you in the 90 mark..
Old 02-09-2013, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

also, a bravo shortie will raise prop without major mods. and if you don't like it you can resell the drive and put boat back the way it was...
Old 02-10-2013, 12:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...dimension.html
Old 02-10-2013, 12:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx..

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
+1,,i hear this alot with small cats,,they porpose at 70 until 90 mph..so your boat is not fast enough to drive through it..first thing is to determine where the bullet of the drive is compared to the bottom of the boat..if its only a couple inched then a imco shorty is the ticket..i think -3 is as shallow as they come..that and a blower would put you in the 90 mark..
oops just deep v lol..
Old 02-10-2013, 01:49 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...cylinders.html

instant -8