Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Fiberglass and Paint
HELP!  Brown stains from lake >

HELP! Brown stains from lake

Notices

HELP! Brown stains from lake

Old 05-15-2014, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I dilute muratic acid and use a rag to wipe down the fiberglass, will that hurt the boat?
Old 06-01-2014, 11:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Captain Chomp hull cleaner. My lake is really brown and we get stains. I just did my dad's fishing boat for the first time ever since new 10+ years ago. It literally had barnacles. Several applications and power washing and it looks great. A little scrubbing was required too.

This product is not acid based, it's sulfates. I buy it by the case!
Old 06-10-2014, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

So, there's a myriad of products to use, but how many of them are all purpose? Does it matter if the stains are from iron or stuff like tanic acid like we have here in the rivers around Jacksonville, FL leading to the St. Johns?

After getting the hull cleaned, is there a good spray wax that can easily be used? Would I have to clean and treat the hull with wax after every use? My 38 Excaliber I just purchased stays on its trailer but getting a big portion of the underside waxed properly is a challenge for some of us handicap types.