311 X dimention

Notices
Formula

311 X dimention

Old 05-02-2005, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 311 X dimention

Anybody fool with it? Wondering what shorties will do for her.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:01 AM
Registered

Default Re: 311 X dimention

Funny you should bring this up. Just last Thursday when Gusman and I were installing a new drive indicator cable and a new water pump on one motor, we were looking and talking about the "X" demension.

To say our boats (mine's an 89') is conservative is an understatement. I think it's measured in feet, not inches.

We were discussing about going with a set if Imco shorties. My only reservation is I am very comfortable with how "planted" my boat feels at ALL times. It has never "slid" on me no matter what. Scott (Gusman) suggested going with the two inch shorties and if that was too much I could add a one inch spacer to bring it down one more inch.

I am seriously considering it. He thinks I would see a substantial increase on the top end, but lose some of the "jump" on plane. I don't "power on" going up on plane anyway, I baby it up on plane to save the drives. Going to look into it.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Outlaw-

Keep me posted I have wonder this ever since I bought mine. It think it would make a big difference!

Don
Old 05-03-2005, 06:26 PM
Registered

I have blown my wad on the new 540s for this year but maybe next year a set of shorties will really help the old girl fly.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:32 PM
Registered

Let us know how your boat runs with the 540's and what HP you're getting out of them....
Old 05-03-2005, 06:40 PM
Registered

I am waiting myself. Be another 4 weeks till she runs again. Then prop testing. The suspense is killing me! I would think low to mid 80s but we shall see. Maybe shorties to get closer to 90 for next year.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Registered

I think you guys are on to something very good. I also have a 311 and would like to try this very same thing. A fiend of mine is real good fiends with a guy that has used some Imco's on his boat along with some real trick engines and he claims it will run just over 90mph with no blowers. Not bad for a older bird. One other real nice benefit is the boat flies more level through the air from wave to wave so I'am told. Makes since to me. This is a great mod without going to the engine for more speed and keeping the reliability up on the engines. I wish I had the money to try it out for my self. If you go for it let us know how it works. Propwash.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:09 AM
Registered

"Prop" I agree it's a different way to go for more speed and considerably less costly, both in initial investment and running (higher gas prices/bigger motors).

I'm going to get Gusman to price up what a set would be and then take a look at how long it would take to be able to afford them. Won't be for awhile though.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anything ever come of this?
Old 08-31-2010, 11:23 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by The Get Away
Anything ever come of this?
I dont think so ....you did notice the date? 2005

Quick Reply: 311 X dimention

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.