new stripes...what do you guys think?

Notices
Formula

new stripes...what do you guys think?

Old 06-29-2006, 01:12 PM
NO WAKE ENFORCER
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new stripes...what do you guys think?

Finally got the boat to the point to get re-striped, its a little dirty in these pics but I think the old turd is starting to look pretty dam good, interior guy won't be done with my backseat, sundeck, and carpet till weds
Attached Thumbnails new stripes...what do you guys think?-resized.jpg   new stripes...what do you guys think?-resized1.jpg   new stripes...what do you guys think?-resized2.jpg  

Old 06-29-2006, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: new stripes...what do you guys think?

I like the color combo. Looks really good.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The boat looks great....I always liked silver...had formula put some silver on my 353
Old 06-29-2006, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I have not seen many other Formulas with paint like this Looks very nice congrats, what year and power?
Attached Thumbnails new stripes...what do you guys think?-summer05-104-large-.jpg  
Old 06-29-2006, 06:20 PM
NO WAKE ENFORCER
Platinum Member

thanks guys, masi I had a picture of your boat saved on my computer because it looks so much like mine. It is an 87 with 454 (88formula223 87 was taken when I registered) with about 430 hrs or so, my dad bought it new and ive owned it for 3 years trying to get it back to good condition. Ive got everything in working order including my fuel sender problem I think its finally sealed, except my trim tabs are frozen up, when I hit the switches it draws a large current but does nothing so Im assuming the pump is bad? I will work on that after the holiday if anyone has any suggestions I would apprechiate it.

Now after I get those working it will be time for upgrades.......

gauges
extreme marine swim platform w/ new angled tips and internal flaps

are their any upgrades that are reasonable to the 454 it has elderbrock performer intake but we switched it from a holley 750 back to the stock 4 bbl last year and didnt see much difference in power maybe headers? I would really love to get 65 mph Gps out of this thing but im not ready to rebuild it yet so i gotta get about 6 mph more from somewhere

thanks guys PJ
Old 06-29-2006, 07:18 PM
Registered

PJ, If it is an `87 it must have an alpha drive witch is fine as long as you take it easy putting it on plane. These drives are only good to about 400hp MAX on this size boat, if you want more power change the drive then exhaust. To get to 65mph just break open your wallet because it is going to cost you

good luck

mark
Old 06-29-2006, 08:13 PM
NO WAKE ENFORCER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by masi242
PJ, If it is an `87 it must have an alpha drive witch is fine as long as you take it easy putting it on plane. These drives are only good to about 400hp MAX on this size boat, if you want more power change the drive then exhaust. To get to 65mph just break open your wallet because it is going to cost you

good luck

mark
your are right it is an alpha (#@$@!!) I just leave my wallet in the boat and let it take what it needs lol, I will look into the drive later this summer if that should be the first step, you have any idea about these trim pumps? is there a way to just beef up this drive or is replacment the way to go

thanks PJ
Old 06-29-2006, 08:22 PM
Registered

You might be able to have some work done to the alpha to make it stronger, but look around for a good used one and a gimbal housing. This plus a couple of other things will run atleast 4k

Check all of your fuses under the back seat and under the dash, if all is well there make sure your getting power to the tabs and check fluid level.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:31 AM
NO WAKE ENFORCER
Platinum Member

Mark all the fuses are good, what type fluid do these use trany, power steering?

about the alpha I am going to wait till it implodes till I replace it with an upgrade

Last edited by 88formula223; 06-30-2006 at 08:47 AM.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:00 AM
Registered

Very nice!

Quick Reply: new stripes...what do you guys think?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.