Horizon Water Pick-Ups

Notices
Formula

Horizon Water Pick-Ups

Old 07-13-2006, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Horizon Water Pick-Ups

Picked up a 2006 292. I had it custom built with 6.2 horizons. After driving the boat and complaining about it's sluggishness formula has just advised me that the water pick-ups/pods on the bottom of the boat that Merc makes them install slow the boat a minumum of 1 mph on each side, and that is the problem. Has anyone ordered horizons, and if so where you made aware of this speed loss before hand? When I ordered the boat I clearly stated and was promised the speeds I wanted to reach with none of this being said. I am now in a bad situation with a boat that is not performing close to what I tested and was promised. Need some info as I don't know where to turn.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Registered

Default Re: Horizon Water Pick-Ups

I'll trade you my '98 502 EFIs for your Horizons and all ya' gotta do is plug the holes for the water pickups. You'll get the bonus of creating an 80 mph boat.

GRIZ
Old 07-13-2006, 03:29 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Not familiar with the "pods" you are refering to. Any pics? I guess you are saying the water pick-ups in the drives aren't sufficient. What about low water pick-ups?
Old 07-13-2006, 09:07 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you checked your slip numbers? Have you tried to spin your props in the other direction?

Jon
Old 07-13-2006, 09:36 PM
Registered

The boat is going in Saturday to be re-tested. The confusing part is Formula put these water pick-up pods where they usually have the flat pick-ups on the bottom. They look just like the ones you would find on the Super Sport. Never seen them on a Fastech, so since the boat was running so poorly I questioned them directly. They now say the pods do loose you anywhere from 1-2 mph each. Scary considering it was never even mentioned before the boat was built. If it was I wouldn't have coughed the money up for horizons and just got the 6.2's. Don't know how they think it's okay to have people pay more for a perfomance boat that will go slower. Keep everyone posted after the tests are done, just hope Formula will do the right thing and get this dog running right.