More Thunder Less Silent

Notices
Formula

More Thunder Less Silent

Old 08-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Re: More Thunder Less Silent

i took off the square tips(For larger access) and put 3 , 2-1/8 holes in the baffle wall. it took about 5 min. and the wall is paper thin. it sounds better at idle, but the rubber square flappers still cause it to be quite muffled. time to put some holes in the bottom, hopefully i wont get some vibration issues that some people have posted
Old 03-27-2013, 11:41 PM
Registered

Anyone notice vibration at low rpm when cutting holes in bottom of platform??
Old 03-28-2013, 12:08 AM
Registered

Also has anyone cut the holes on the inside parts of the swim platform on a twin and have pics?
Old 03-28-2013, 12:53 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by roccobam
Anyone notice vibration at low rpm when cutting holes in bottom of platform??
The ladder always vibrates. The platform will vibrate if you have loose baffles.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:55 AM
Registered

Sweet. Thanks for the quick responses especially with the pm's I sent Lastnight. I do like the look of box. This is my second boat and really love the noise!!
Old 04-02-2013, 11:26 AM
Registered

I too wanted more sound, so last season I cut the baffles out(1987 223ls). As stated before, slight idle improvement in the water, and louder cruising. However, wanted more sound, so glassed over the original exits and cut the new holes inline with the original transom oulets. Heres a pic to give ya an idea, if u look in my album in my 'hey ya'll' thread , you can find a series of pics on where i moved the outlets and built new inner walls to force all water an exhaust thru new outlets. I also drilled 3 5/8" holes in new chambers for drainage. Probaly be another month before boat is assembled and find out if it was worth the effort.
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...45056&refid=13
Old 04-03-2013, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by masonbig1
I too wanted more sound, so last season I cut the baffles out(1987 223ls). As stated before, slight idle improvement in the water, and louder cruising. However, wanted more sound, so glassed over the original exits and cut the new holes inline with the original transom oulets. Heres a pic to give ya an idea, if u look in my album in my 'hey ya'll' thread , you can find a series of pics on where i moved the outlets and built new inner walls to force all water an exhaust thru new outlets. I also drilled 3 5/8" holes in new chambers for drainage. Probaly be another month before boat is assembled and find out if it was worth the effort.
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...45056&refid=13
let us know how it works. i have been thinking of doing something like that for a while .
Old 04-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This is how my 242SS used to sound with the 454 genV 330 HP

I have two small holes, they are located close to the transom on each side of the platform

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5wXZ229Iwo
Old 04-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Registered

moparjet- I will post a vid idling in yard and on water once I get het together.

Monac20- Its funny you posted that, actually watched that vid on youtube earlier today, was looking at swim platforms to get an idea of how to paint the color breaks. Sounds Good!
Old 04-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This is for sure more thunder ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6smT8bNJiQ

Not my boat or my video, but very nice boat :-)

Quick Reply: More Thunder Less Silent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.