Notices
Formula

Boat names

Old 08-22-2006, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat names

Hey,

I was wondering what names people called their formulas???

I was just interested to know if you renamed your formula or kept the name from the previous owner if it's second hand!!

My old 86' 272-sr1 i called it 'shark'

My current 311-sr1 is called 'Distant Thunder'

Anybody got any interesting names??
Old 08-22-2006, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Boat names

I don't know as though it's all that interesting but, my 89 311 is called (as you can see) ThirdBird. It's my third Thunderbird Formula and it has a nice little ring to it.

Of course, I have to put up with "TurdBird" from one of my little buddies in A-Bay who just happens to own a beak-bote.

As for keeping the previous name,,,,,,,,,, that's just outdated superstition. Actually, it's kinda creepy to me.

Last edited by ThirdBird; 08-22-2006 at 07:24 PM.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My boat was named "First Born" by the original owners. (As in they had to give their first born to buy it I guess.) It had that name for about 10 years before the second owner took the name off and left it with no name. I am the third owner.

I work in the IT industry and most of our work his being offshored, so I named her "Offshored". Kinda fits for the type of boat it is - SR1 311. I wanted to put Banglador, India as a location but my wife didn't like it.

Now I can tell people at work I have an "Offshore" meeting and I'm telling the truth.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Registered

I named my 272SR1 "Under Pressure" because I installed Whipples.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Registered

The Job Site..............cause when someone calls, I can tell them I'm at The Job Site..........
Old 08-22-2006, 10:29 PM
Registered

I install computer cabling and have a twin 38 so I thought Twisted Pair was appropriate
Old 08-22-2006, 11:18 PM
Registered

Be creative; tie in the boat and what you do for a living at the same time if possible. For instance, I'm an accountant so I thought to name my formula "accounting formula". you know Assets= liab. + owners equity and its a formula boat.....Cheesy pun, I know.

Second choice was a term referred to me in college..."blaze of glory".... Because I always said if I go down its going to be n a blaze of glory. Plus Bon Jovi is one of my favorite bands....Cheesy again, I know.

Third Choice: Its the "Indy 500 edition" formula so I thought "Formula One" may work.

Obviously I am having some trouble picking one so I am in the same boat as you......I didnt mean for that to be a pun.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:26 AM
Registered

Cool Re: Boat names

Originally Posted by FormulaOne
Be creative; tie in the boat and what you do for a living at the same time if possible. For instance, I'm an accountant so I thought to name my formula "accounting formula". you know Assets= liab. + owners equity and its a formula boat.....Cheesy pun, I know.

Second choice was a term referred to me in college..."blaze of glory".... Because I always said if I go down its going to be n a blaze of glory. Plus Bon Jovi is one of my favorite bands....Cheesy again, I know.

Third Choice: Its the "Indy 500 edition" formula so I thought "Formula One" may work.

Obviously I am having some trouble picking one so I am in the same boat as you......I didnt mean for that to be a pun.
I agree with Formula One. Be creative.....but not cheezy.

I had a few ideas that I have not had the balz to go through with. I own a 271 Fastech which most of you know is the smallest hull of the Fastech line, so I suggested .......after a few beers.....that "BABY FORMULA" would be good. My buddies almost kicked my a$$ on the spot. Scrap that idea.....eventhough the women liked it.

Next....after the supercharger and many many many many $$$$$.....I came up with "BLOWN SAVINGS" (so true). This is still my favorite but I am too broke to have it painted on. Therefore, now, I am still a John Doe Formula.

Hope I helped.

Greg
Old 08-23-2006, 06:03 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A previous boat of mine, to which I never actually applied the name to, was called "Seagasm". A little tacky though I did use it on the radio. Had to talk to the Coast Gaurd in Oswego, NY one time. Identified myself as "Seagasm". Coast Gaurd asked me to repeat the name, I did, long silence then we continued our discussion. Don't know if they were laughing or what. Decided I'd better get a more politically correct handle after that.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:23 AM
Registered

We're on our 4th Formula - past 2 were blower motors - We now have 419 w/ trips so went with Trips 2 Win. Did the playing cards, an Ace, 3 Kings & a Queen. We have 2 boys so the 3 kings are either the 3 motors or me & my boys, the wife is the queen and the boat is the Ace in the hole.

Quick Reply: Boat names

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.