Formula

07 382 Graphics

Old 10-21-2006, 11:47 AM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 07 382 Graphics

Originally Posted by selpel
I second your flagship fast-tech. If you are at the sales seminar we can join forces and attack John Adamns an Scott P.
Unfortunately I will not be there this year,but be sure and tell them we agree,and tell them I will take the first one To me,the idea makes sense and would seem to be relatively easy to do. I think the reason Grant nixed it is because all of the SS graphics use precut templates for the striping maskoffs and they would have to do new templates for each Fastech model. But that doesn't seem like a big deal with today's computer technology.Obviously,Formula would like to increase Fastech sales,this is such a simple way to do it.That's plan A to increase sales, here is plan B--a Poker Run option with a bare bones cabin and fewer immineties to reduce weight (increase speed) and lower cost. Many owners never use the cabin or the shorepower or the fridge,etc,etc.

Last edited by Magicfloat; 10-21-2006 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
here is plan B--a Poker Run option with a bare bones cabin and fewer immineties to reduce weight (increase speed) and lower cost. Many owners never use the cabin or the shorepower or the fridge,etc,etc.
I've mentioned that before myself.

I've never used the sink, except to run anifreeze through it.

I've used my fridge once in 3 years. I run it several times a season for a day or so for the sake of the compressor.

The vaccuum head is nice and impresses the ladies for sure, but the system sucks down (so to speak) about the ONLY room there is in front of the engines. A porti-potti is fine and serves the same function.

run the couches all the way to the bulkhed. Forget the enclosed head and the cabinet on the other side too. A porti-potti under the front center removable cushion,
or better yet under a removable piece aft on either side.

with the couches that long...
#1 the cabin would feel HUGE
#2 there would be room for storage under those couches as they run aft
That would take 4-500 lbs. out of the cabin wouldn't it?

Tell me this will bring back the FAIRING! A glass windshield has no place on a basic hot-rod package!

Sign me up!
Attached Thumbnails 07 382 Graphics-fairing.jpg   07 382 Graphics-fairing2.jpg  

Last edited by Rippem; 10-21-2006 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:51 PM
Registered

you can see it's mounted in the Taylor bottom frame painted white!

how hard is it really to come up with this piece of plastic?

I keep getting the effect that for Formula it's like going to Jupiter. C'mon...
Old 10-21-2006, 04:40 PM
Registered

Talking Re: 07 382 Graphics

paint sells lets face it.The Formula paint jobs for the most part are just plain boring with the wrong colors.Why cant they understand that? Its time to expand there horizons a little in the paint dept.The boats are great,bring on the graphics!!!!
Old 10-21-2006, 04:41 PM
Registered

pruse these specs. it's mixed bag, but some 9 year old pricing and performance are noteworthy.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread Robert.
Attached Thumbnails 07 382 Graphics-specs.jpg  
Old 10-21-2006, 04:49 PM
Registered

so with a v-berth platform, seat frames, cushions, and headliner ect... (+ lbs.)

and a pleasure sundeck (+lbs.)

and fairing...

what 81-8200 lbs?

80+ mph on HO's ?

87-88 on 525's ? (no boxes) 90+ with?

600's and boxes would approach 100?
which I know the Porter's are not a fan of.

So the very same "performance" package thoughout, limited to 2 engine choices HO's or 525's appealing to two distinct $ levels, both seeking the same "effect"

if you build it they will come...
Old 10-21-2006, 06:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rippem
so with a v-berth platform, seat frames, cushions, and headliner ect... (+ lbs.)

and a pleasure sundeck (+lbs.)

and fairing...

what 81-8200 lbs?

80+ mph on HO's ?

87-88 on 525's ? (no boxes) 90+ with?

600's and boxes would approach 100?
which I know the Porter's are not a fan of.

So the very same "performance" package thoughout, limited to 2 engine choices HO's or 525's appealing to two distinct $ levels, both seeking the same "effect"

if you build it they will come...
They already build this boat you ask for...... I think they call it a Fountain. If you want to spend a bunch of money that ONLY shows up at 5100RPM then this is the way to go.

BUT!!.... If you want the boat that makes everyone at your favorite hangout stop and turn their heads you buy the BMW,LEXUS,or BENTLEY class boat like the FORMULA!

If I were to spend $300K on a boat it better turn heads when I get where I am going and by the way it is nice to be the last one into the favorite hangout because then you have an audience to show off you ride to!
Old 10-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Well said Probrably a mute point anyway cause Formula will never build a stripped down boat,and I guess you are right,they should leave that to the other guys.So I retract my idea of a stripped down cabin,but am still adament about the Flagship paint
Old 10-21-2006, 08:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by selpel
They already build this boat you ask for...... I think they call it a Fountain. If you want to spend a bunch of money that ONLY shows up at 5100RPM then this is the way to go.

BUT!!.... If you want the boat that makes everyone at your favorite hangout stop and turn their heads you buy the BMW,LEXUS,or BENTLEY class boat like the FORMULA!

If I were to spend $300K on a boat it better turn heads when I get where I am going and by the way it is nice to be the last one into the favorite hangout because then you have an audience to show off you ride to!
ouch...

difference is, that's all a Fountain will ever be.

with the Formula "you could have it your way" from fast and racy looking, to what the standard for them is... luxurious.

more choices, wider audience,= more FasTech sales.

Oh well, that idea died on the table...

How 'bout that Flagship?

oh, and I wouldn't expect a bare bones 353 to be 300K!
Old 10-21-2006, 08:56 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Going to play my Flagship card next week,we will see how it goes

Last edited by Magicfloat; 10-21-2006 at 09:29 PM.

Quick Reply: 07 382 Graphics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.