Fiberglass repair ?

Notices
Formula

Fiberglass repair ?

Old 11-01-2006, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 97 Posts
Default Fiberglass repair ?

I have this type of boat and put a small, but moderatly deep scratch on the side, maybe 5" long and maybe1/4" in width.

I believe its called Flagship and its Imron paint (blue). Is there any risk of waiting until spring to get it repaired, I don't have any idea, cars yeah.....boats no !!! Don't want it to do any further damage with the winter and boat being exposed to the elements, although in a covered slip.

I'm at LOTO, any recommendations of locals that can do a repair while the boat is on the lift are welcome.

Last edited by tlark; 05-25-2020 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fiberglass repair ?

Originally Posted by tlark
I have this type of boat and put a small, but moderatly deep scratch on the side, maybe 5" long and maybe1/4" in width.

I believe its called Flagship and its Imron paint (blue). Is there any risk of waiting until spring to get it repaired, I don't have any idea, cars yeah.....boats no !!! Don't want it to do any further damage with the winter and boat being exposed to the elements, although in a covered slip.

I'm at LOTO, any recommendations of locals that can do a repair while the boat is on the lift are welcome.
Hi,

I grew up in Lee's Summit. My family is still in the area. I have lived near Phoenix, AZ since 89. I go back every Christmas to remind myself of why I live in Arizona.

I don't know the answer to your fiberglass question. I'd intuitively think that it would be okay to leave it for a while as long as it isn't going all the way through. But, as I'm found of saying, intuition can sometimes get one's arse in a sling.

Nice boat!

G.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As long as the scratch is above the waterline, there is no need to worry about fixing it right away.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GlenCove did a nice job fixing our scratch through blue Imron, but OUCH!! the price hurt. Of course the price might have hurt no matter who did it.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chart
GlenCove did a nice job fixing our scratch through blue Imron, but OUCH!! the price hurt. Of course the price might have hurt no matter who did it.
As a point of reference may I ask how much ? I really have no idea what something minor like this cost.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

get the BEST shop to fix it .... It will hurt but only once .... If you pay less and get "less" quality it will hurt every time you look at it ....m
Old 11-01-2006, 07:21 PM
Registered

If someone can or trys to do Imron on a lift I think the chances of a good job are slim and beside the fact it will be a pain in the azz. It is worth having done right you will be satisfied in the long run.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chart
With such a nice boat (you bought the best) would you want a shabby repair? We may be a little higher than most, but we WILL do the best job to repair you Bird back to new. May get you a better rate for winter repair(slow down in shop) if you are interested. Give us a call if you want to!!!
Old 11-02-2006, 08:16 AM
Registered

Don't mis-understand, wasn't looking for a good deal, just a new owner not familar with costs and how things are done. I had a guy come to my house and did some touchup work on a Porsche and it looks outstanding and didn't know if that type of work could be done while the boat is on the lift. Service call like.........

I guess were talking about taking the boat out of the water to make this minor repair regardless where its done at ??
Old 11-02-2006, 09:04 AM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by tlark
Don't mis-understand, wasn't looking for a good deal, just a new owner not familar with costs and how things are done. I had a guy come to my house and did some touchup work on a Porsche and it looks outstanding and didn't know if that type of work could be done while the boat is on the lift. Service call like.........

I guess were talking about taking the boat out of the water to make this minor repair regardless where its done at ??

Vincent Custom Paint does a lot of touch ups and repairs for alot of the dealers at the lake. Might as well take it directly to him rather then paying his margin and the dealers margin. He does excellent work and is pretty reasonable.

Quick Reply: Fiberglass repair ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.