Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
357 trs to bravo, anybody have a bravo 357? >

357 trs to bravo, anybody have a bravo 357?

Notices
Formula

357 trs to bravo, anybody have a bravo 357?

Old 11-17-2006, 09:45 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 357 trs to bravo, anybody have a bravo 357?

If you take a peak at the link to my thread in fiberglass and paint (try to keep from throughing up while viewing) You will find my 88 357 sr1 with a rotton transom. Since I will be replacing the transom I have decided to re-rigg with used bravos. I know it may be a slight step down in reliablility but at least I can get parts and the boat should be 250lbs lighter. I also belive that it lowers the vertical center of gravity do to the fact that they set lower in the engine compartment. What effects it has on the forward center of gravity is most likely a wash. Engines going back further but weighing less. Well that said, the job is in progress but the question I have is...there anyone out there who has one of these fine vessels with the bravos? I was wondering how the boat handles and if there is any differences in speed. Mine has 525sc clones and ran 67 on gps. with 24 pich 4 blade Hydro's. Also are the drives holding up? Mike (offthefront) I followed your thread and noticed that you had Bravo mounts in yours. All info is, as allways greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Joe

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=145051
Old 11-18-2006, 10:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts
Default Re: 357 trs to bravo, anybody have a bravo 357?

wish I could tell you. Wondering the same thing...
Old 11-20-2006, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brother has a '86 357 that at some point was converted from KAAMA's to bravos (I know ,it's a shame).It was set up with a fairly high x dimension. The boat planes easily and feels very balanced. It has seen 80gps 650hp blower motors spinning 28's.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

OMG, I would give my left one for an origional KAMMA set up. I would be ecstatic to see 70 mph with the bravos. Looking for some rigging info in the spare time between glass work on the transom.

Thanks Joe
Old 11-23-2006, 12:47 PM
Banned

I'm pretty sure there is no difference in the height of the engine, but it will have to be moved back towards the transom to make up where the transmission is.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by offshoreratboy
OMG, I would give my left one for an origional KAMMA set up. I would be ecstatic to see 70 mph with the bravos. Looking for some rigging info in the spare time between glass work on the transom.

Thanks Joe
Then you better not look on the formulaboatsforum.com..boats for sale......Jim
Old 11-23-2006, 07:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoreratboy

Thanks Joe
Joe,
I know where there might be a full kamma set up. Let me know if you want me to look for the contact. btw. I owned a 357 Kamma, I miss it it was a sweet ride. Good luck with your project. I got lots of respect for you tackling that.
Josh
Old 11-23-2006, 07:51 PM
Registered

Joe... Just my 2 cents worth.... If you have the extra money go with konrads,can used big power,they virtually don't fail and the supposivly bolt up to the existing mount holes. yes they do cost abit more BUT... when your rammin on it the drive isn't going to come apart.Check them out once.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Already commited to the Bravos, I wish I could afford that kaama set up but I won't even be able to afford the props! Let me know if he's giving it away cheap though I can always sell my bravo stuff. Deryl over at Formula said his engineers claim that the x dimension on my 357 was 15 1/2". I'm pretty sure that that is conservative. I would like to go as high as possible and still have good control. I can always ad spacers to go deeper if I had to later.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by cuda
I'm pretty sure there is no difference in the height of the engine, but it will have to be moved back towards the transom to make up where the transmission is.
Cuda: The TRS drive more than two inches longer than a Bravo (crakshaft centerline to prop shaft center line)that when you set the x dimension on the boat the Bravo transom assy. ends up much lower, witch in turn drops the engines down at least 2" maybe more I will do the measurments later but I know that all the 311s and at least one other 357 Ive seen that had bravos looked much deeper in the compartment than mine do. When I look at my buddy,s 336 with 525sc's in it. I would bet its at least 4" inches deeper than mine. But they might have different uper hull dimesions.

Joe

Quick Reply: 357 trs to bravo, anybody have a bravo 357?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.