Cabin wiring .... pull frig ?

Notices
Formula

Cabin wiring .... pull frig ?

Old 12-14-2006, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Cabin wiring .... pull frig ?

In the process of rewiring the engine room and the main DC breaker panel (under the rear seat) I am trying to figure where everything feeds to the cabin ... I cant get the DC panel in the Cabin out far enough (short wires!) to see ... Anyone pull the Refrig out ? I'm thinking I will be able to see up to the panel from there ..... I have the wiring diagrams but I am sure its different than the diagrams show .....m
Old 12-15-2006, 01:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cabin wiring .... pull frig ?

What boat model?
Old 12-15-2006, 02:03 AM
Registered

Pulling fridge out won't help--there are cabinet parts that seperate the fridge are from the wiring cabinet on top. You're right they didn't use and "extra" wire on those harneses--good cost sontrols i guess.
the wiring diagrams and wiring on my SR357 were right on. THe way they sepreated the diagrams and the nomeclature they sued was not easy to follow.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Poorsche
Pulling fridge out won't help--there are cabinet parts that seperate the fridge are from the wiring cabinet on top. You're right they didn't use and "extra" wire on those harneses--good cost sontrols i guess.
the wiring diagrams and wiring on my SR357 were right on. THe way they sepreated the diagrams and the nomeclature they sued was not easy to follow.
Hey Poorsche !! Good to see ya ... there are 4 reds that feed from the engine room ... 2 #10's (maybe 8's) and 2 #14's ...One 14 is the pink and red "stereo memory" The other 14 is Red/yellow ... I dont know where that one feeds ..
The strange thing I cant figure out is why the 2 Large Reds Both go to the Line side ( feed comming in) of the DC main in the cabin ... Why 2 to the same Breaker ? I'm thinking somehow one from each battery but that could be a dangeous situation tying the 2 batteries together thru that small wire.
Also I can see at least on end of a harness down below the AC/DC Panel in the cabin ( right behind the frig) . I could see it with a mirror from above. Its bare plug ...nothing attached .... All this is from memory ... I am at work ...

Phatom 89 311 ...........
Old 12-15-2006, 06:07 AM
Registered

I've still got all the factory wiring diagrams from my SR357 on the computer and was just looking at them. Now I remebere why I'd get so damned mad trying to chase down wiring problems.

You had to look at three or four different sheets to figure any one thing out. I'll be glad to email them to you if you don't have them. Let me know an email address if that will help.

It looks like there is a Red and a Red/Black #10 coming from the DC Power Harness drawing to the circuit breakers in the galley closet. The Red is for lfllor lights, cabin lights and 12V outlet up in the galley closet. The Red/Black goes to the Refrig 12v, Stereo, Stereo Amp, and the Water Pump breakers on that galley panel.

REally takes a few beers or Rums to get my mind into the wiring mode--I have spent a few hours in there "adjusting" stuff nad adding things to the system. Also donated a lot of blood and cuts to the cause trying get my bigh hams back in there.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:12 AM
Registered

Another bit of wiring trivia--

All the circuit breakers under the back seat are fed from the batter blocks and/or battery switch. THere are two breakers there labeled DC MAIN--one outputs the Red and the other ouputs the Red/Black.

Better you than me--
Old 12-15-2006, 06:32 PM
Registered

Did some more pokin around today and the Red AND Red/BLK go to the feed side of the DC main in the cabin ... Then it is jumped ...by a copper bar to the other DC bkrs ... Cabin Lights ..water pump ..Stereo .... Stereo AMP ...Frig ... I think thats it ... There are 2 amps (stereo) that previous owner installed and that might have something to do with the "non" standard design ....

Poorsche .... I have the 357 Diagrams .. I got from you last year .... also have the 88 311 diagrams .... and just recently got the 2000 312 diagrams which are pretty complete .. and very simular to the SR's ... if anyone would like the file let me know .....m
Old 12-16-2006, 09:05 PM
Registered

Looking down the storage area in the Cockpit ( sliding door) I could see the coils on the fridge ... Pulled it out and it is open on the 311 ....from there you can access all the terminal blocks behind the AC/DC Panels ...got all the wires traced today .... Now the Starboard side to the Helm ...should be fun ......m
Attached Thumbnails Cabin wiring .... pull frig ?-dsc00001-medium-.jpg   Cabin wiring .... pull frig ?-dsc00028-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by offthefront; 12-17-2006 at 12:24 AM.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:11 AM
Registered

I never pulled the fridge out on mine--it was in there so tight i just didn't wnat to get started and it seems like there was a thread somewhere about breaking something on the reefer by trying.

On the starboard side the only thing I remember in the head closet was wiring to head, fart fan and light. All the other harnesses came thru a big hole up under the gunwale by the dashboard to feed wither the dash wiring or that fuse panel under the dash.

The wiring harnesses to the cabin "mood" lights, bow lights, water pump, and lights in the sleeping area seemed to run up under the gunwale on starboard side. THe onlt things I remeber were ehat a PITA the 12V flourescents were to get out and how short the damned wir for the water pump was when I had to change that thing.

You know what FOrmula was kind of cheap when it came to wiring harnesses--they didn't put an extra inch in if it could be avoided.

My back is hurting just thinking about the project you got going on. I really do miss that boat--the CCF isn't nearly as much "fun".

Keep me posted--