Shopping - 38 Fountain and 353 Fastecs? >

Shopping - 38 Fountain and 353 Fastecs?

Notices
Formula

Shopping - 38 Fountain and 353 Fastecs?

Old 12-31-2006, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Shopping - 38 Fountain and 353 Fastecs?

I beleive so. I have a ZR Comp, and I was at a holiday party with a very well known industry insider, and he commented that he was on the phone with him earlier in the day. I do not know the gentleman, but the job that he did on my ZR comp is awesome.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by organizedchaos
I just sold a super clean 2004 353 with 525's and Stelling boxes. I also spent 3 months courting a 2007 38 Fountain. The fit and finish from 15 feet away is the same. My 2004 had way better paint, and showed no wear, even after three seasons use.

My local Fountain store had 07's coming in on trade already (why sell such a fine boat that soon?). Paint falling off the side of the boat at the water line, questionable long term build quality. My local Fountain seller said that the clear is thin, and that is why the paint wwas peeling. Older Fountains have a tendancy of needing floors or fuel tanks. Maybe that is an unjust statement, but it has happened several times in my neck of the woods. I have seen it first hand.

The '07 Fountains fly, but why are some of the finishing touches passed over by Fountain? The carpets in these '07 Fountains did not even snap in. At 100, the carpet wrapped up onto the back of your legs. lift storage lids, and un finished product when digging in.

The Formula that I had, while slower, was a finished product down to the darkest corner of the bilge. My boat also came with a 5 year warrantee, which the Fountain did not. Last but not least, all the "new" upgrades that Fountain releases, obsolete's their prior boat, and the price tanks.

2006 was a rough racing year for fountain, so I would expect a bunch of changes, and big price drops to follow. Reggie just hired the same guy that built the Donzi ZR Comp to help win races again. The ZR Comp is a very compatitive boat. This gentelman will bring the trophies back for Fountain.

In my neck of the woods, I see 10, 15, and 20 year old Formulas regularly. The old boats are spotless. Museum quality in some cases. I have never seen a 10 year old Fountain that compares, let alone older units.

Last but not least, no matter which Fountain, or Formula that WE buy, we will NEVER own a CAT Killer!!!!!
Boy, thanks so much. I feel ALOT better now that Reggie hired someone who didn't make it at Donzi. Reggie is in tough times and can't win a race if his breakfast depended on it. Great news

Big price drops? I'm alittle lost can you explain please?
You don't even know the "gentlemans" name but you seem to have a truckload of facts.

Oh yeah, how bout my friends 2001 35 Formula that took the graphics right off the bow when he removed his poker run stickers? Oh yeah, that was 2001 at Oshkosh Poker Run.

You're a funny guy and can't wait to meet you in Chicago next year at the run. I'm happy for your new used boat donzi you just bought too. Get a chance to run her yet?
Old 12-31-2006, 11:33 AM
Registered

Almost forgot, you're right Fountain doesn't come with a 5 yr warranty. It is 6.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Almost forgot, you're right Fountain doesn't come with a 5 yr warranty. It is 6.
hahahahah...good luck getting that backed up 3 or 4 years down the road. Plenty of reports right here on OSO that I've read of that not being the case. Owners getting blown-off or told to pound sand, some alot sooner than later in their ownership period.

and don't flatter yourself, dealers eating sh!t and $ for fountain out of thier own pocket in order to not loose a customer doesn't count as "factory warranty backup".

Formula blows away every production manufacturer, not just in packaging warranty, but standing behind it, and everyone knows it.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:59 PM
Registered

Reggie is in tough times
wouldn't be the first time...isn't that how Brunswick came to own a significant portion of Fountain Powerboats?
Old 12-31-2006, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Boy, thanks so much. I feel ALOT better now that Reggie hired someone who didn't make it at Donzi. Reggie is in tough times and can't win a race if his breakfast depended on it. Great news chimp:
RIP,
If you are going to quote the man at least don't twist it around. The comment had nothing to do with any financial issue. Where's the Brunswick connection here?
Old 12-31-2006, 04:18 PM
Registered

just woke up got it out of context I guess. Brunswick as in Merc.

who hooked you up with the avatar there Mr. low tech?

I know you didn't put that together...
Old 12-31-2006, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Did Formula ever find a fix to the headliners in the cabin falling apart?
Old 12-31-2006, 04:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Did Formula ever find a fix to the headliners in the cabin falling apart?
I understand Formula met the owners of these 5 or more year old boats halfway or more to the owners satisfaction.

nice try.

isolated incidents, and remember, only because the quality and support of the product is so high do you even hear of the most isolated issues.

Last edited by Rippem; 12-31-2006 at 04:27 PM.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippem
just woke up got it out of context I guess. Brunswick as in Merc.

who hooked you up with the avatar there Mr. low tech?

I know you didn't put that together...

I know the Brunswick / Merc connection, just don't see any connection to his comment.

I made that change all by my little low tech self, low tech and stupid don't necessarily go hand in hand.

Quick Reply: Shopping - 38 Fountain and 353 Fastecs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.