My first Big Boat Project..... >

My first Big Boat Project.....

Notices
Formula

My first Big Boat Project.....

Old 02-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey also just to let you guys know when I do the updates,i'll take lots of pics and list how it was done and what i used,and i'll create a DIY(do it yourself) for each one.That wat if anyone else want to do it you can have some sort of guide...
Old 02-10-2007, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pshannon, when I did the handholds and cupholder plates, being that they are aluminum, I sanded them real well and then used outdrive primer and paint to help prevent any corrosion issues. After 3 or 4 coats of paint, sealed all the parts with a clear coat. The forward vents, since they are plastice, I just used scotch-brite and roughed them up a little and applied an adhesion promoter specifically made for painting plastics. then just paint and clear coat. Going to use the same paints for the hatches also, but the interior or underside of the hatches will be a grey to match the cabin. For the rubrail, unless you are going to replace, the Krylon Fusion series of paint is what may work best.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Registered

I'm painting the hatches and at least some of the dash this spring. Also want to put a couple step plates and new vents on. Treads, that looks great. This could be a fun thread. Lot's of pictures everybody.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:45 AM
Registered

pshannon,

I think you will have a problem going to round bezels/guages. In the original dash configuration, the lower row of holes are too close together. I had to stagger the layout when I did my 311 dash.
Attached Thumbnails My first Big Boat Project.....-311-dash.jpg  
Old 02-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Registered

what do you guys think about tint,I have a friend of mine that ownes a tint shop and would do it for free...

No Tint

Tint(photoshoped,also put Audi A8 wheels on the trailer)
Old 02-13-2007, 12:31 PM
Registered

The staggered gauges like reddog's look better in my opinion. Here's cutting the bezzels to make them work.
Attached Thumbnails My first Big Boat Project.....-dash.jpg  
Old 02-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Registered

By the way. I like the tint and the A8 wheels.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:27 PM
Registered

pshannon, I think the tint looks great!

Have to add that to the list now.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

[QUOTE=pshannon;2024829]what do you guys think about tint,I have a friend of mine that ownes a tint shop and would do it for free...[QUOTE]

I like it!
Old 02-13-2007, 07:02 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

[QUOTE=ThirdBird;2022271]
Originally Posted by pshannon
Sounds fun,,,,, except for the v-berth extension idea. I don't know about that plan. The one in the picure is pretty goofy looking. Plus, you have back rests that will be in the way. I dunno, lets see what ideas you come up with.
The V-berth pic is mine and it does look goofy in that pic....it's all I have since I sold the boat. It did work great though and was only in the boat when we were going to be overnighting on it, which meant it was covered with blankets, etc and not visible. (I just used some fabric I already had laying around.)

There is a problem that may not allow it to work on your 272. My berth cushions were taller than the lip that held them in place. If yours are taller as it appears I'm not sure how you could make the extension surface level with the factory berth as I did.

PS: the A/C was very temporary as I installed a Cruisair unit shortly after and the bungee cord was in place to hold all our crap on 3-4 day trips.

Quick Reply: My first Big Boat Project.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.