Notices
Formula

F2 edition 382 question

Old 03-06-2007, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts
Default F2 edition 382 question

Hello All-

So I have been kicking around the idea of buying a F2 editon 382 and turning it into a "pleasure boat". Has anyone ever put in a small cabin simialr to a 38ZR comp into one of these? Can you access the front "cabin area" through the deck?

My girl friend has a requirement that she needs a small place to change and a portipote. For Florida boating I think this would be a great boat!

Thanks
Don
Old 03-07-2007, 10:31 AM
JKK
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could make it happen, basically just a opened hull without the standard cabin insert, although you need to be aware that the dash is extended back to adjust the weight properly for racing, so it is not a standard 382 dash configuration. But yes sure it could be done, we have crawled all over the front of ours and with some work a cabin could be built. The Let's Play Racing F2 is for sale, 2003 World Champion Boat, Fastest Formula F2 out there without a doubt. Contact me for details.

Last edited by JKK; 03-20-2007 at 07:27 AM.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info. I do know that the dash is different and set back farther. Thats the reason I really like them. They handle so much better. I was out on one this last summer and was impressed to say the least. I think one of these with a simple half cabin would be awsome!

What one do you own? How do you get below the deck on yours? Do you know how many were built?

Thanks again
Don
Old 03-07-2007, 11:28 AM
JKK
Registered

Originally Posted by dgduck13
Thanks for the info. I do know that the dash is different and set back farther. Thats the reason I really like them. They handle so much better. I was out on one this last summer and was impressed to say the least. I think one of these with a simple half cabin would be awsome!

What one do you own? How do you get below the deck on yours? Do you know how many were built?

Thanks again
Don
There were many built from I think 1998 to 2003, ours is the last one built new and the product of all that racing experience rolled into one boat, hence the World Championship win. We crawl in thru the front under the dash, but theoretically you could make a deck access as you asked about in your first post. We own the 2003 F2 World Championship boat, we are the team that raced it, and if you looking for one, this is the one, call Lou we are ready to seriously make an interested party a great deal.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They were great boats in F2. The only problem I experienced was the wind coming off the deck. I had to bury my head in the head rest to keep my head upright.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

The access area is basically a small hole covered by canvas. However, the opening could be cut-out and a custom door could be fabricated. There is a ton of room for a half cabin. It is the only thing that the F2 needs to be perfect for pleasure use.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by firstoffshore
There is a ton of room for a half cabin. It is the only thing that the F2 needs to be perfect for pleasure use.
That's what I am thinking.

What type of speed did they see with 500's?
Old 03-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Mine would do 81 MPH with 496HOs.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by firstoffshore
Mine would do 81 MPH with 496HOs.
That is awsome! Do you know of any that are for sale?
Old 03-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

No...but if you find one, I think that you will be happy. Formula made just over a dozen of the F2 382 Kevlar boats. They were an extremely expensive layup, but proved to be successful in winning the World and National championships. Mine was originally rigged with 500s, but never put in the water. After Formula's promotional tour, the engines/drives came out (don't know the story) and the boat was available without power or a trailer (Formula kept the trailer). For a brief moment it looked like F2 was going 496HO in 2005, so the dealer suggested this package. I never planned to race the boat and went ahead with the 496HO/XZ package. The result was outstanding and affordable for pleasure use (80+MPH on black Mercury power). With the former 470hp package the same boat will run 84+MPH and with 525s (or Whipples on the 496HOs) it will run 94+MPH.

Last edited by firstoffshore; 03-07-2007 at 09:05 PM.

Quick Reply: F2 edition 382 question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.