Formula

Engine hatch mirror rattle

Old 03-10-2007, 12:50 PM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine hatch mirror rattle

Any body have there mirrors rattle under the hatch, other than just taking them out is there any other suggestion on this? 312 98'
Old 03-10-2007, 02:40 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Replace the factory rubber gromets or remove them (mirrors) and glue thin rubber strips to the back of the mirror. Just my $.02

Dave
Old 03-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Registered

Are you sure it's not the ladder or ladder cover?
Old 03-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Mirrors don't normally rattle,but ladder lid does. I'm with PC here,make sure where the ratlle is from.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:39 PM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

yu know, the more I think about it , it just may be the Ladder or the lid for the ladder, I just assumed it was the mirrors, Ill look into it more, thanks
Old 03-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Magic,

Can you get the rubber grommets for a 91? A few of mine are shot and I would like to repalce them all with new. (Not wanting to hi-jack your thread here vincent).
Old 03-11-2007, 05:04 PM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

does the ladder rest on grommets on the fastechs?, I cant remember seeing them, I havnt looked yet either.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Treads
Magic,

Can you get the rubber grommets for a 91? A few of mine are shot and I would like to repalce them all with new. (Not wanting to hi-jack your thread here vincent).
go to a hardware store with the 67 drawers of o-rings and faucet parts. You will find the EXACT same piece. Trust me, I have found them myself more than once over the years in a variety of inside and outside diameters and depths of the "barrel".

and as a plumbing part they will most likely be neoprene with a longer life than the ones made out of a lesser rubber.

the rattle? It's the swim ladder cover, or the ladder itself, no doubt.
If it was the mirror (doubt highly) rather than the fuss of glueing rubber strips, just put whatever thickness o-ring you prefer over the screw on the backside of the mirror. A little less messy.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks Rippem....
Old 03-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by vincent272
does the ladder rest on grommets on the fastechs?, I cant remember seeing them, I havnt looked yet either.
mine just lays on a thin foam pad alot like toolbox drawer liner. It gets crushed/thinned/worn through where the wieght of the ladder lays and then ...
Shazam! you start to develop a rattle. Some more than others. Has alot to do with vibration and exhaust harmonics of any given boat.

I don't see why you couldn't install screwed down grommets of the right hieght that carried the wieght of the ladder. I just think with material replacement it's not necessary.

I went through the swapping "rubber bumpers" thing in order to get rid of a rediculously annoying rattle from the aluminum trash receptacle lid in the cockpit of my 353.

Quick Reply: Engine hatch mirror rattle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.