292 Fastech resale?

Notices
Formula

292 Fastech resale?

Old 03-12-2007, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 292 Fastech resale?

Been watching the 292 market for a while now and it looks like they're are selling sloooooow. There are multiple boats out there listed in the 60's and they don't seem to be flying off the market at that price. Bob T's looked really clean from the pictures and it took months to sell at what I thought was a pretty good price. Whats the deal? Is it just a reflection of the market or are people not excited about twin small block boats?
Old 03-12-2007, 08:03 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Could be a combination of both . I have a 272 SR1 which is just about the same size as a 292 Fastech and I love my big blocks
Old 03-13-2007, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had an 02 292 and when I traded it to Magicfloat almost 2 years ago and he had it listed for a real fair price on it and it sat for a while before he sold it, and it was an exceptionally clean boat. The boat gave me absolutely no issues the whole time I owned it. Sometimes I wis I still owned it. its a shame that resale is so slow on them,,,its a great mid sized boat, and mine would run an honest 70 on a good day with small blocks,,which is funny considering the 89 272 I had with 420's and headers would only run 70. I guess it just goes to show how much technoligy changes things.
Anyway, to your question, I would say its a combination of both. Just a personal opinion.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:24 AM
Registered

Thats what has suprised me, they seem like a great boats. Haven't ridden in one yet but everyone reports 70 mph and a great ride in the rough for a 30' boat. After crawling around in one the only complaint I had was a lack of storage space. A 292 was at the top of my list but now I'm worried that when I go to sell in 2 - 3 years I'll have to give it away.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:08 AM
Registered

Default 292 fastech resale

Having gone from a small block 272 to a 292 w/6.2's, my opinion is the 292 is significantly faster and better ride and handling. It is truely a performance boat that is challenging to get on plane and remain on plane. After the test ride, I still was not sure I wanted to buy the boat since it is so different from a 272. I really did not have any choice if I wanted to remain a Formula owner.A big block 271 does not have the ride or cabin room and used 312's have big blocks.The biggest issue with the 292 is its inability to cruise under 35 mph and maintaining plane. You have to be in a boating area where you can go in the 40mph and above for most of the time. I am on a lake where the speed varies frequently. I am constantly going from being on plane to going "no wake",what a challenge.To the casual boater,this is not the boat for you.IMHO,this is why 292 boats are sold after a couple of seasons and why they remain a hard sell.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Registered

Stays on plane just fine down to 19-20mph, as long as I use some tab and keep the r's around 3200. I do have full size K-Planes, they help. When the kids are driving I keep them 30 mph plus. Definately not a casual boaters boat but I love mine, good size for the family, economic small blocks, nice ride, she'll run hard and is trailerable. I guess when the time come's I'll look to trade instead of taking a bath.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Registered

we run on the St. Johns river in Fl. and cruising at 30 to 35 just required a notch of tabs to keep the nose down. But the boat loved 45 to 50 mph cruise.
Like I said, there are some days I regret getting rid of it, and come time to get rid of my 27pc I may very well go back to a 292.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:02 AM
Registered

Luckily we don't have speed limits around here yet so unless you get behind a slow boat in a narrow part of the river there isn't much reason to run under 40.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Done a couple of poker runs in a 292. Personally,I like the boat,fun to drive,easy to dock. The slow to plane is an issue, I keep saying that the right props will solve this,just cannot find the time to test,but I bet Maximas will fix the glitch
Old 03-14-2007, 05:29 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bikini Bottom
Stays on plane just fine down to 19-20mph, as long as I use some tab and keep the r's around 3200. I do have full size K-Planes, they help. When the kids are driving I keep them 30 mph plus. Definately not a casual boaters boat but I love mine, good size for the family, economic small blocks, nice ride, she'll run hard and is trailerable. I guess when the time come's I'll look to trade instead of taking a bath.
Bikini Bottom do you run with the drives trimmed fully in when planing at such slow speeds as 19-20 MPH (and tabs down) ?

Quick Reply: 292 Fastech resale?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.