Name on back of boat....

Notices
Formula

Name on back of boat....

Old 03-26-2007, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Name on back of boat....

Just looking at picts on here, I notice most with 382's put the name across the several steps in the back by the swim platform. Just curious who you have make the decals and if you apply them yourselves? Thanks
Old 03-26-2007, 07:22 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most any graphics shop can make them. It's a little tricky over the ridges.Spray a mix of dish detergent and water so you can move everything around. Not a big deal but if you are not comfortable just pay the graphics guy a little extra and let him do it.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:26 PM
Registered

Thanks, will have to look into a good graphics shop, didnt know if they had to make them custom for the steps or what. I have applied plenty of decals on our Sea-Doo's so that part shouldnt be a problem. Anyone feel free to post pictures of your names
Old 03-26-2007, 08:30 PM
Registered

Here's one of my favorites
Attached Thumbnails Name on back of boat....-copy-pickwick-pics-061-large-.jpg  
Old 03-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Registered

that is perfect location, most Ive seen are on the left side.... Im going to send you a PM
Old 03-26-2007, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Here's mine "Family Tradition" The reason for the name is becasue for me it is a family sport. My parents got me into this crazy sport and I love them for it!

Talk to Jay boat here on OSO he did mine. It turned out great and would recomend him for any graphics!
Attached Thumbnails Name on back of boat....-p1010004.jpg  

Last edited by Maritime_Eng; 03-26-2007 at 08:51 PM. Reason: wrong pic
Old 03-26-2007, 08:55 PM
Registered

Sent you one back....
Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
that is perfect location, most Ive seen are on the left side.... Im going to send you a PM
Old 03-26-2007, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

If your boat is Coast Guard Documented, your boat name and hailing port must have lettering at least 4 inches high.

WHAT ARE THE VESSEL NAME AND HAILING PORT MARKING REQUIREMENTS?
Documented vessels do not display their official numbers on the outside of the hull, but are identified by the name and hailing port. The application for documentation must include a name for the vessel composed of letters of the Latin alphabet or Arabic or Roman numerals and may not exceed 33 characters. The name may not be identical, actually or phonetically, to any word or words used to solicit assistance at sea; may not contain or be phonetically identical to obscene, indecent, or profane language, or to racial or ethnic epithets. Once established, a vessel's name may not be changed without application, fees, and the consent of the Director, National Vessel Documentation Center. There is no rule against duplication of names for documented vessels, so hailing ports are helpful in identifying vessels.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:35 PM
Registered

Mine meet all requirements...Good point. (Hailing port doesn't have to be on water anymore)QUOTE=kjm5125;2071813]If your boat is Coast Guard Documented, your boat name and hailing port must have lettering at least 4 inches high.

WHAT ARE THE VESSEL NAME AND HAILING PORT MARKING REQUIREMENTS?
Documented vessels do not display their official numbers on the outside of the hull, but are identified by the name and hailing port. The application for documentation must include a name for the vessel composed of letters of the Latin alphabet or Arabic or Roman numerals and may not exceed 33 characters. The name may not be identical, actually or phonetically, to any word or words used to solicit assistance at sea; may not contain or be phonetically identical to obscene, indecent, or profane language, or to racial or ethnic epithets. Once established, a vessel's name may not be changed without application, fees, and the consent of the Director, National Vessel Documentation Center. There is no rule against duplication of names for documented vessels, so hailing ports are helpful in identifying vessels.[/QUOTE]
Old 03-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dgduck13
Here's mine "Family Tradition" The reason for the name is becasue for me it is a family sport. My parents got me into this crazy sport and I love them for it!

Talk to Jay boat here on OSO he did mine. It turned out great and would recomend him for any graphics!
I like the city underneath even better...... Going to have to get ahold of him. how tall is the name as well as the city/ state?

Does the city/state have to be 4 inches high as well?

thanks for the responses

Quick Reply: Name on back of boat....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.