Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Formula (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula-36/)
-   -   Off Topic-BMW (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula/155754-off-topic-bmw.html)

h2oboy 04-12-2007 10:31 PM

I just sold a 98 740i, but i've owned other 325's and 528's. They are great cars. The Z's are a little small, but a blast to drive.

offthefront 04-13-2007 10:27 AM

My Son has a M3 ...great driving car and Comfortable ...m

88formula223 04-14-2007 11:27 AM

Ive got a 99 z3 with 57k at my dealership its black we've got 13942 in it you can have it 500 over ;)

THEJOKER 04-14-2007 11:37 AM

too small for me

88formula223 04-14-2007 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by THEJOKER (Post 2092989)
too small for me

yep I rather buy a mustang GT vert than that and pocket the left over money

fastboats4u 04-16-2007 12:45 PM

Hi Robert,
Dave here from Trenton. Before coming here to work for Jerry I was at a BMW dealership for 5 years. It is a wonderful piece of machinery. Yes it is small, but if you are comparing similar size and style vehicles (Miata, Pontiac Solstice, etc.) it will be far and away safer in an impact. It has incredible power, handling and brakes to avoid an accident in the first place. If you don't need the over-the top M power, the regular six cylinder should give you plenty. The local dealer may give you a little hassle about the fact you didn't buy it from him at service time, but he gets paid for the service by BMW for the first 36000 miles (could be 50k on the M) so if so just call BMW. You will likely only need to go there once a year anyway, depending on your mileage. I always paid to have my oil done halfway through the computer generated "Service Interval Indicator" when I had my M3- it worked out to be about 7k or so. BMW uses synthetic oil and the computer adjusts so much that your oil will be cleaner much longer than you are used to. In my opinion, unless it is old equipment the 3000 mile oil change is only a good thing for OPEC. Hope this helps- see you in Sanibel......again.
Dave

Magicfloat 05-09-2007 08:17 PM

Got the car, pretty neat. Performance is crazy fast,should be illegal:drink: Only frustrating thing at this point is I can't set the darn clock:rolleyes: There are about 10 owners manuals and I followed the instructions as printed but cannot get the clock to move.I may use the Alabama method and put a piece of black electrical tape over the clock display:cool: It should not take a computer technician to set a darn clock.Guess my age is showing.:p

Team V 05-11-2007 09:01 AM

The most silly thing on a BMW.

My g/f's 325 has two pegs sticking out of the gauge cluster. The one on the left resets the trip meter, the one on the right sets the clock. You turn the right hand peg clockwise or counter and it increments in minutes, one way goes fast, the other way slow.
Always takes a minute or two to remember how when adjusting ours.... feels like your going to break it the first time you do it.

It's been a great car. We get the oil changed once a year and do it when the NYS inspection is due.

A few surprises when the warranty ran out... that's when they start nickle and dime-ing you. Your brake fluid needs to changed, radiator flushed etc,etc... $350 for this and that.
But a top notch car requires top notch service I guess.

Magicfloat 05-11-2007 05:34 PM

Mine has 2 buttons below the gauges,manual says hold in button #2 for several seconds till time flashes,then press button #1 for hours,then press again for minutes. Only problem is I cannot get the time to call up no matter how long I hold in button #2.:( I'll get over it,it's a nice car,wish I had something like this years ago,and Karen loves it.:drink:

selpel 05-11-2007 09:34 PM

I told you so!! I told you so!!

I knew if you had a chance to drive one for awhile you would like it.