Procedure to remove vacuflush head?

Notices
Formula

Procedure to remove vacuflush head?

Old 05-02-2007, 06:45 AM
BL6
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Procedure to remove vacuflush head?

Maybe it's nice, but the vacuflush has got to go. Placing the tank in front the engines makes no sense to me. So before I change impellors, plugs, etc, this thing is gone.

System includes stool, waste hose & vent hose to holding tank, Y valve, to macinator & thru hull to lake or to pump out, vent hose to exterior, electrical for macinator & fresh supply?

So I'd like to pull the entire system & install simple porta pot style, w/ holding tank below seat that is hooked direct to pump out hose.

Before I start, any thoughts or comments??? Whay about old thru hull for macinator, close value & install plug?

thanks..........Dave
Old 05-03-2007, 12:17 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BL6
System includes stool

Old 05-03-2007, 01:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are removing thousands of dollars of value. Why? There is no performance to be gained really......
Old 05-03-2007, 06:59 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a small SaniPottie in my 382, and wish I had gone with the VacuFlush, but then the Admiral and I spend lots of nights onboard, and maybe that's not the case with you. If I knew how much hassle it would be to retrofit my boat, I might consider a deal with you. In the 382, the VacuFlush unit goes along the starboard side of the engine compartment.

(By the way, I'll be boating over in SW Michigan in early August for a week.)
Old 05-03-2007, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

I've cursed the location of the tank/pump a few times myself...

but it works well, the ladies like it, and it adds value as Nort said.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BL6

So I'd like to pull the entire system & install simple porta pot style, w/ holding tank below seat that is hooked direct to pump out hose.

Before I start, any thoughts or comments??? Whay about old thru hull for macinator, close value & install plug?

thanks..........Dave

One more thing.....you can't legally pump directly out unless you are 3+ miles from shore? Not going to help you much in a harbor or lake.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BL6
Maybe it's nice, but the vacuflush has got to go. Placing the tank in front the engines makes no sense to me. So before I change impellors, plugs, etc, this thing is gone.

System includes stool, waste hose & vent hose to holding tank, Y valve, to macinator & thru hull to lake or to pump out, vent hose to exterior, electrical for macinator & fresh supply?

thanks..........Dave

I'm interested ....but not the Stool ......
Old 05-04-2007, 02:22 PM
BL6
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

I've been putting an a lean-too addition on my pole barn last few eve's, so I haven't thought much about.

Prior to buying this most recent boat I made a list of items the boat must have. One of those items was good access to working on the engines. If I blow an impellor on a beautiful saturday afternoon, I want to be able to change it in half an hour, not four hours because I can't get to things. And that damn holding tank is smack dab in the middle of the engine compartment.

On Great lakes can not use macinator at all.

There are higher prioirty items on my to-do list, so I will not get to right away. So, we can give it a try for a month or so. but I believe it's days are numbered. Can anyone share operational procedure? Thanks
Old 05-04-2007, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can outline the pieces. I've put in a few.
But instead, have you considered moving the tank or installing a smaller tank?
Old 05-04-2007, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Are we talking just the Tank .. or the whole assembly ? I think I have seen the tanks mounted on the starboard side of the Starboard stringer ?

Quick Reply: Procedure to remove vacuflush head?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.