Deal fell through!

Notices
Formula

Deal fell through!

Old 06-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Deal fell through!

Well, it looks like the deal I had fell through the cracks. I was looking at a brand new 05 leftover 271 Fastech. Boats never seen water. They had marked down the price a lot and weren't willing to budge. Told them I would have to think about it, and I decided to sit on it and see, figured when the 08 models maybe they'd be willing to negotiate more. Got the news today that they sold her. O well, just wasn't meant to be I guess. Anyway know of or looking to sell a 271 or 292 low hour/clean/resonably priced for sale?
Old 06-11-2007, 02:57 PM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I agree, as painful as it can seem when you want a new toy and are excited about the deal being completed there will be another good deal waiting and you will be just as excited. We have all experienced it...

Good luck,
Old 06-12-2007, 12:27 AM
Banned

I never saw a deal I couldn't walk away from, or have it walk away from me.

There's always another deal around the corner.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Splitdecision271
They had marked down the price a lot and weren't willing to budge.
Dealers can go only so low on prices on new boats...they have to make some money keep the lights on ...seems like the best bet would be a private party sale on a used boat where the first owner has taken the depreciation hit. You could search the classifieds for "must sell, new baby" those guys are usually pretty motivated to sell.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:17 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

JB and cuda are right on.

I've never missed a deal and didn't do even better in some fashion later.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:38 AM
Registered

A good friend of mine has the 07 271 brochure boat that he bought from Magicfloat for sale,,,freshwater, maybe 50 hrs on it on a custom fit matching Prestige trailer. Pm me if you need any more info.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Registered

How is there a deal with out a deposit I am not sure how that goes every time i made an offer I left a deposit.
Just curious not trying to bust your chops.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Mine was a divorce sale . Oh well his loss was my gain.
It was ashame , hot looking wife too

Never be afraid to walk away from a deal. A better one usually comes along to those who wait. Looked nine months for mine
Old 06-13-2007, 07:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Donzilla
How is there a deal with out a deposit I am not sure how that goes every time i made an offer I left a deposit.
Just curious not trying to bust your chops.
Donzilla, I was hoping to negotiate the price down more, we were going back and forth. They had gone down a lot but still not to the point at which I felt it was a great deal. The boat was in NY kind of out of my way, she didn't have a trailer, etc. I felt if I were to give them a deposit that they would have thought that I was going to buy it no matter what and wouldn't want to negotiate the price down anymore. Thats when I decided to sit on it, and wait until the 08's came out. I was actually hoping it would be around until the boat shows but I should have known better. Like you all have said there is a deal just around the corner I just have to be patient. Please let me know if anyone hears of anything or see's something out there. Keep me in mind!
Old 06-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a beautiful 98 271 with 111 hours on it with Lingenfelter 540 hp Full Hydraulic steering and k-planes on it. I might be willing to sell it. I'm located in Arizona and can assist with transpo.

Quick Reply: Deal fell through!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.