400SS Problems

Notices
Formula

400SS Problems

Old 06-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by comininhot
No I make them come to me and I have diesel in mine they will come when I ask, and I have tell them what they need to bring. You should be able to have that as well formula does pay them travel if you ask in your warrenty does it say you have to bring the boat to them I dont think so I also run my own moblie marine service and they no that so they cant bs me
You Work?????
Old 06-13-2007, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I was going to work on yours this week but I'll go out on mine in sted anything you wont to say , O yeah loose my number on drunken sundays nites.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by comininhot
Well I was going to work on yours this week but I'll go out on mine in sted anything you wont to say , O yeah loose my number on drunken sundays nites.
I Love You too..... My guys are down adding extra 30 amp recptacles on the pier awaiting your arrival.....
Old 06-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Registered

Ray, Good luck getting every thing corrected on your new Formula. Who is the dealer ship you bought it from? Just curious. Dennis
Old 06-17-2007, 06:33 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Sun Sport Marine, in Harrison Twp. MI.

The Raymarine tech came out to look at the E120 friday and we went for a run. After 1/2 hour nothing went wrong. As we were speculating about ideas it started turning off and rebooting continuously. He seemed very surprized. He then called the factory and they said to take the face off the E120 as a button may be stuck. This did not work. Then they decided to do a master reset and that seemed to fix it. Apparently some software got scrambled and needed to be reloaded from day one settings. It also cured my heading alignment problems on the auto pilot. I was feeling good as it seems the techs never seems to see the real problems and the dont really believe you. The Depth sounder module locked up once after the master reset but we could not see the led's to trouble shoot. He relocated the module so we could see the leds but after that no lock up (figures). We are going out for a trip today up to St Claire and I can give it a better work out.

The genator still dont work but from the code SF01 it is sending it needs a new control board... As I told them 2 weeks ago. It should be replaces next week.

We are nocking a few items off the list now and I think now they believe me a little better.

I also think I have the smartcraft SC5000 problems worked out I bought a Smartcraft technical manual 90-891965 and addresses the GPS problem and the alarm 81 backfeed problem. Hopefully these will be fixed soon.

Ray

Last edited by Raypanic; 06-17-2007 at 06:41 AM.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:39 PM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 97 Posts

Do lemon laws apply to boats ??? I think your problems are isolated, and you have been more patient than I would have been had I dropped that type of coin.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:29 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ray as much as I hate to say it you sound like a handy guy, you may be the best perston to work on the boat

I have found that often times for example with my truck it is best to just fix things myself. When I brought my truck to the dealer I have to not only be without my truck for a week for them to do stupid stuff like a ball joint but after a short time it is back in the shop. Now that I am doing all the work myself I have had much better luck with the truck..... oh ya and it is done in a few hours not a week.

We also know that Formula ALWAYS takes care of issues like you are having so hang in there you will love your boat

Jon
Old 06-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
I have found that often times for example with my truck it is best to just fix things myself. When I brought my truck to the dealer I have to not only be without my truck for a week for them to do stupid stuff like a ball joint but after a short time it is back in the shop. Now that I am doing all the work myself I have had much better luck with the truck..... oh ya and it is done in a few hours not a week. Jon
I agree with Audio, fix it yourself if at all possible. It'll be done faster and with more care. I fix almost everything on my cars and boat myself.

Of course, I'm fortunate to have a 25 year GM mechanic for a friend with a huge new shop, car lift, engine analyzer and more tools than I even know what to do with.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:39 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I looked at the lemon law and from what I can tell it does not apply to boats, (it said passenger vehicles with 4 or more tires ) plus it has to be the same problem occuring three or more times and be a major system component like steering, brakes, engine.

I was not concidering trying the lemon law but many of my friends mentioned it.

I do realize fixing it yourself is better and I have the technical ability just not the physical ability, I have Multiple Sclerosis and it hase been getting worse lately. (please no tears) That is why I bought a "Demo" Boat that would have all the "bugs" worked out of it and be in "perfect" condition from the factory. I guess I should of known better. But they did promise "perfect" fully knowing my condition.

They did come out this week and fix 4 items but I have not seen the boat yet. The list is getting smaller.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:17 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Congrats getting things fixed! Where did you get this manual- can you tell me what the cover looks like?
You can get it from mercrusierparts.com I actually found mine on E-bay. It has a black cover similar to the other service manuals. under $25.00

Quick Reply: 400SS Problems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.