hatch lift

Notices
Formula

hatch lift

Old 09-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hatch lift

I have a 89 311sr1 and the hatch lift went out does anyone know what size it takes? I want to order a new one before I fight to get the hatch open to replace it. I've checked on some web sites and have found two sizes (25.25 and 30.25inches closed) so which one does it take. I just bought the boat last month and really don't know much about it!!! So any info would help!!!!! high cotton
Old 09-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by high cotton
I have a 89 311sr1 and the hatch lift went out does anyone know what size it takes? I want to order a new one before I fight to get the hatch open to replace it. I've checked on some web sites and have found two sizes (25.25 and 30.25inches closed) so which one does it take. I just bought the boat last month and really don't know much about it!!! So any info would help!!!!! high cotton
What do you mean by "it went out"? Those hatch lifts are known for internally disconnecting if it is run down to far and ratchets excessively. It's a relatively easy fix to re-engage it.

Is it making a ratcheting noise and not moving or is it just plain dead and does nothing?
Old 09-13-2007, 11:52 AM
Registered

Yes it is making a ratcheting noise and not moving has this happened to you if so how can you fix it. It done it one time before but it was in the up position. lifted up on hatch by hand and it come down. how can you re-engage it.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:39 PM
Registered

basically its gone down too far and is stuck. what you need to do is disconnect it remove the bolt, take the cover off and then you will see. You need to hold the body of it in place and just unscrew the top about 1/2 turn and it should be unstuck & functioning again. grease it up while you are in there.

its been 2 years since I did mine so I'm going by bad memory, but it was pretty obvious as I remember. There was a good description in the archive here, I'll do a search.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:46 PM
Registered

Here's everything you need... Once you get it fixed up - come back and use the $$ you saved to buy a membership and support the site. - speaking of which I need to renew mine one of these days...

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ighlight=hatch

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ighlight=hatch

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ght=hatch+lift
Old 09-13-2007, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Also when you get it going .....DONT run it all the way up or down ...esp down ... I watch the pad when I lower the hatch and you can see when the weight is off the lift .....STOP there .....then it wont happen
Old 09-13-2007, 02:36 PM
Registered

Thank's for the info I'm going to try it today.I'm going to take it out this weekend and need to be able to check all the fluids before I go!!!! awsome site and I will be joining it.Thanks again!!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the site and a special welcome to the Formula hatch problem. I think we have all spent quality time in the engine compartment with those lifts. Follow Iggy's instructions and you'll be all set.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:33 AM
Registered

I was able to get it off yesterday went in threw the hood scoops on the sun pad(still not easy). The grease in it looks bad all dried up going to clean and regrease. But I think I'm still going to do a rebuild since I got it out. Thanks for all the info!!!!!!