Notices
Formula

Who does the best canvas work ?

Old 10-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slivings
A guy that I went to school with, and who did some good work for me once can be found here. http://www.customcovercentral.com/
Yes, his internet site needs help. Tell him a Livingston sent you, he'll know who it is.
Hey slivings,

Before I forget I have seen you on the river in front of Pelican's or Schooner's this summer I can't remember which one ..... nice look'in boat.

Jeff
Old 10-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
More like McGoo, that arse made a mess out of the cockpit cover on my less than week old Velocity, and when asked what he was going to do to make it right his answer was he would make me a new one and give me a big deal few hundred off. Something like a grand for a cover he claimed he would normally charge 1300 for, back years ago when it wasn't worth half that to do. I would cover the boat with a blue poly tarp before I'd ever let that worthless POS ever touch a boat of mine again. I don't think there is a marina left up in our area that will even let him in the yard anymore.

My choice would be "Larry the Canvas Guy" as Axa said. He's very talented, straight up, reasonable, and stands behind what he does. Unlike Mr. McGoo.
Thanks for the input .... from what I have been quoted so far it looks like approx. $1600.00 for the mooring cover and any where from $1800 - $2500 for the camper cover.
The only reason I am even thinking about the camper cover is I have twins that are 3 1/2 and is a PIA to get in and out of the boat with them when we are doing an overnight.

Jeff
Old 10-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
More like McGoo, that arse made a mess out of the cockpit cover on my less than week old Velocity, and when asked what he was going to do to make it right his answer was he would make me a new one and give me a big deal few hundred off. Something like a grand for a cover he claimed he would normally charge 1300 for, back years ago when it wasn't worth half that to do. I would cover the boat with a blue poly tarp before I'd ever let that worthless POS ever touch a boat of mine again. I don't think there is a marina left up in our area that will even let him in the yard anymore.
Well, alrighty then.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:42 AM
Registered

Twins,

For a mooring cover look into Carver Canvas online. I got the full cover for my 353 from them on MagicFloats recommendation and it fits perfect. It ran me around $700.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:46 AM
Registered

Larry did a top notch job on my camper cover. I had Eisenglass and a bimini already so I was in for a shade over $1K to finish it off. That reminds me, I think I still owe Axa a C-note for the eisenglass......
Old 10-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 5PMSMWHR
That reminds me, I think I still owe Axa a C-note for the eisenglass......

Well you better pay up! He's had one free ride in the Bat Boat, he may actually have to buy his way in this time.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ThirdBird
Well, alrighty then.

The real pizzer was, as I was going off on what a crap job he had done and how he had turned a brand new cockpit cover into a chitty mess, I threw out the comment "What the f*** were you thinking stitching it with white thread?" As we stood there looking at the Jockey red cover done with red stitching by Velocity, the POS says to me "They don't make thread in red." Wonder where they came up with I said as he walked away mumbling how he'd make a new one if I was willing to pay for it. Ten years ago, and it still pizzes me off. Reminded of it each year as I walk past the booth the POS has set up at the CNY Show.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:08 PM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

[QUOTE=got twins ?;2315141]Any of you guys know of anyone or have you used "Carrie Covers" products? I contacted them and they sent me a package with 2 types of covers .... 1) strickly a overnight "poker run" cover very light weight. 2) an all weather cover.

I purchased a full mooring all weather cover for my 382 from carrie. They were very good to deal with and prompt service. The cover is a nice cover but it was not the exact fit I was looking for. It does a good job and is light weight for such a lot of material, it was pretty expensive ($1900).

JB
Old 10-24-2007, 04:09 PM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

Here is picture of my cover.
Attached Thumbnails Who does the best canvas work ?-p8300365.jpg  
Old 10-25-2007, 05:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by got twins ?
Hey slivings,

Before I forget I have seen you on the river in front of Pelican's or Schooner's this summer I can't remember which one ..... nice look'in boat.

Jeff
Thanks, I like it!

Quick Reply: Who does the best canvas work ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.