311 Cabin Door

Notices
Formula

311 Cabin Door

Old 01-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 311 Cabin Door

My '89 311 cabin door is getting loose at the rivets where the hinges attach to the companionway. The play is creating a situation where the door car pop open under power. Has anyone had this problem or, better yet, had it and solved it? The clean, clear and calm waters of Lake of the Ozarks are waiting for me this Spring and I want to tighten up the door before I break it . . . . THANKS!!!!
Old 01-21-2008, 10:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SeaWeasel
My '89 311 cabin door is getting loose at the rivets where the hinges attach to the companionway. The play is creating a situation where the door car pop open under power. Has anyone had this problem or, better yet, had it and solved it? The clean, clear and calm waters of Lake of the Ozarks are waiting for me this Spring and I want to tighten up the door before I break it . . . . THANKS!!!!
Mine did the same thing at the lake last year. We drilled out the rivets and replaced them with a stainless sheet metal screws (just dont over tighten they will snap). It now holds up well in the 8' rollers at LOTO!
Old 01-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Registered

Also I have been meaning to tell you that I will be at Bergers next year as Big Thunder is on the outs. I will have a reworked dash, interior and graphics (hopefull all by Memorial). Mike at Bergers just pulled my starboard engine for a new coupler (ouch)
Old 01-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Registered

Bergers . . . Bergers???? I have been there for 4 seasons . . .Those guys are like having an endurance racing pit-crew at your disposal 24/7!!! They do what they say, when the say they are going to do it- and will tell you to "go boatin" when they are done. I did my dash last year with CF Autometers and polished the panel with melamine polish- shines like new. My boat is "VooDoo Lounge" and kept in the shed- are you doing a slip or the shed?
Old 01-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Registered

Bergers . . . Bergers???? I have been there for 4 seasons . . .Those guys are like having an endurance racing pit-crew at your disposal 24/7!!! They do what they say, when the say they are going to do it- and will tell you to "go boatin" when they are done. I did my dash last year with CF Autometers and polished the panel with melamine polish- shines like new. My boat is "VooDoo Lounge" and kept in the shed- are you doing a slip or the shed?
I will be in a slip I am waiting for my lift to get moved. It is on a trailer now for the service work. I had pm'ed you last year about them so I remembered that you were there.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Registered

Shows you what I don't remember . . . my father keeps a 35 Fountain there, too. What do they get for slip rental? I usually steal one on Saturday nights . . . when I am not staying elsewhere . . .
Old 01-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Registered

Shows you what I don't remember . . . my father keeps a 35 Fountain there, too. What do they get for slip rental? I usually steal one on Saturday nights . . . when I am not staying elsewhere . . .
Around $2300 per year.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:41 AM
Registered

That seems ultimately reasonable- I am telling you, that place is something else during the season. The array of HP stuff that rolls in there is unbelievable and those mechanics are all business. They also have a HOT dock girl . . .
Old 01-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MOERON
Mine did the same thing at the lake last year. We drilled out the rivets and replaced them with a stainless sheet metal screws (just dont over tighten they will snap). It now holds up well in the 8' rollers at LOTO!
I drilled out the rivets and used stainless bolts, nuts and lock washers. That was right after I got the boat and it's held up through four seasons. (But we don't have 8' rollers on Lake St. Clair. )
Old 01-23-2008, 08:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wantsa311
I drilled out the rivets and used stainless bolts, nuts and lock washers. That was right after I got the boat and it's held up through four seasons. (But we don't have 8' rollers on Lake St. Clair. )
We should not have 8' rollers either but a 40' Sea Ray is small at LOTO! They love to just push the water. Do you have pics of where your bolts came through? Mine has a trim piece that did not allow through bolts it had to be screwed from the inside of the cuddy (where the rivets were).

Quick Reply: 311 Cabin Door

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.