TIBBC "The Thread" again... >

TIBBC "The Thread" again...

Notices
Formula

TIBBC "The Thread" again...

Old 07-02-2014, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

may see you Sunday afternoon if you still around.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippem
January? Page 12?
WTF?

Rumor has it Pete is no fan of his neighbor?

Fact: that dog just bit a kid in the yard the other day- not good!

Anyway who's in? Is the scene completely toast?

Well, as things would have it you are correct in terms of my opinion of the folks located next to the slip that I have been in for some many years now. Will be stopping by likely on Friday to see what other offerings are available for the summer. Have no wish to be next to the **** pot for anther season, have found too many issues related in the past month of make ready to put the poor Biotch thru that again. Hope there may be another slip available, might be looking into a private boathouse, might be a new trailer boater.

In regard to the dog ,the F'er came at me last season and I had words with the owners, real simple, one more and Mr. Smith would be taking care of douche pouch. Probably not the best way to make friends with the new folks, but honest! I made issue with Tuckey, the Master of all things dock and chitters, only to be told that I was not the only one it had gone after, so WTF for you! If it gets you it is their problem! That fool felt that the fact they left the dog tied with 20 foot rope on that narrow dock was a real effort on their part and that I was being a real azzhole to be critical of the new folks. We brought the issue up recently, much above the Tuckey level, in respect to what we were doing this weekend and our intentions this season, were assured that the dog in question would not be on the marina property without a muzzle. Period, no F'n exceptions! Guess that deal just didn't pan out.

So who did the wonderful little doggie get a piece of? Not to be a know it all but I predicted this could happen, only to be told by the Master of Docks and Chitters that he had it under control. Right!!!!

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 07-02-2014 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:00 PM
Registered

The way I heard it- 7-8? yo girl walking through with her father from the RE when the boat was in the yard.

It may look at me cross-eyed, but honestly I have the Kavorka and very, very few dogs do they can sense it.

it makes one step towards any of these 4 kids I'm introducing to the experience, well its gonna be ugly...
it leaves a mark on any of the six of us and it will promptly get body-slammed by it's hind legs and a broken jaw without a nano-seconds' delay

Had a girl about that age take a bite to the side of the face last weekend at work. Ripped her from anterior top of the ear to below her jawline. She got shipped out stat downstate for plastics...
but most likely scarred for life.
that will not happen...

not second guessing the commander with disrespect, it is his corral, and he's a dog guy.
but this seems to be an out-of-control policy, one I haven't agreed with from the start, that is, allowing dogs in the boathouse...(the ones that get carried back-and-forth to the boat in a purse would and have gladly flown under my radar)

Problem for him is there can be no discrimination between well mannered, personalized sporting dogs like Scotty and Mich? and this known to be less than trustworthy ROTTWIELER.
They all go or they all stay, and the hole has been dug now.
There is a fine line between alienating in this case one customer vs. many...or having some little one's appearance altered forever

You would think now that the dog has bitten, the owner is aware (as is everyone else), and the owner has spoken to the master about said incident, and allowing said dog to stay on premises, that the owner is opening the door to % liability if the dog strikes again.

a Rottweiler on a leash on the wooden walkway of the boat house in summer heat. Nothing bad could happen there...

Same Rottweiler pissed 'cause it needs to piss walking by us at the narrowest juncture in the boathouse to get out even on a leash means nothing.
A split second is all it takes. and that juncture especially with a crowd will make him nervous...

What I heard is the dog will now be leashed or on the boat? Does that mean as above leashed on the walkway? So what has changed?

NEEDS TO GO OR MUZZLED. PREFERRABLY GO.
Who wants their experience tainted by looking at a muzzled dog if that was the case?

Last edited by Rippem; 07-04-2014 at 12:40 PM.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:40 PM
Registered

Saw this coming, damn shame if a child was hurt.

We were told that the muzzle and secured was part of it being allowed. It did go after a few last year. The dog is not the only reason that I will not go into the slip next to them, just not going to go there.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 07-03-2014 at 07:11 AM.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:53 PM
Registered

oh I gotcha- saw him soaking half the boathouse with both the leaky hose and the dirty water blowin off his bridge.

on another note, launch didn't go as planned. Pumped the tank DRY of old fuel, put the sender, wiring and access hatch back, filled her up, and proceeded to the travel lift all this dodging what was for the most part rain all day.

fire up starboard all is well.
fired up port- leaking water between seawater pump halves. Put the Hardin SS pumps on this time as my housing were scored/shot. My guess is the O-ring displaced as I put the halves together standing on my head in the 100* heat of my building. Busted my azz to get this thing re commissioned. Between that and a thousand other things work, family, last of the projects here, I'll just say I haven't had more than 5 hours of sleep a day in three months and often in 2-3 hour pieces. I'm toasted...
Bob offered to leave it in the slings, but late in the day, no tools, started to rain again, they are a SOB to work on and I gotta work a couple of nights now.

Thanked him profusely, but asked him to put the F'kin thing back on the trailer. I'll take it home and fix it first of the week and try again.

"We choose to go to the moon not because it is easy, but because it is hard".

Looking forward to the bruises and F-bombs of R&Ring that pump again!
Old 07-04-2014, 10:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rippem
oh I gotcha- saw him soaking half the boathouse with both the leaky hose and the dirty water blowin off his bridge.

Gotcha part is right on but just one of a long list. Anyhoo went up today, a side track on the GoPro buy mission, and checked out the available slips. Rather sad that after 19years, 6 bought and a chitload sold for the place, that I end up damn near out the far end of the boathouse. I have to wonder if it might not be time to rethink the whole deal and change directions. Did get a real nice tour of the birdhouse condos this afternoon and these deals have some real potential, think fireman pole into your boat then lite it up and go!

Got a little more detailed info on the incident with the dog going after the little child, not good. Someone is going to get an azz spankin' on this one if it runs out.

In any event did a big time load up on all the GoPro chit, this deal is going to be a hoot to play with assuming that I get the F'n boat in the water, and I actually figure out how the F it works.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:34 PM
Registered

I was gonna be out in 46 (second to last right) 'till the old homestead opened up,
Wendy called and offered it instead- had to grab it. Don't like the traffic there but do dig the familiarity and proximity.
The new deck is nice farther out, kinda upscale in appearance.
Believed I could fuel in the slip (46), little traffic, and close to the sunsets.
Though a little nervous about how rough it could be out there?

Anyway, hope you manage to find acceptable accommodations, there or otherwise.

If there, I'm sighted in and packin in the dockbox to eliminate winged nuisances (as usual) that make chit and noise
You take care of the ones that bite.
Deal?

Last edited by Rippem; 07-05-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:08 PM
Registered

46 is one of Tuckeys offerings, along with several others little closer on the left side, all with chit fingers that are falling apart. Bonnie is full so might just do one for August, if that is possible, if not it can sit and get run off the trailer. The bridhouse deal is real interesting if the numbers I was told yesterday are right, still means a six figure investment to have a slip with no chit ball neighbors. I'm just too old to have to fock with this chit.

Done deal! If they chit they are yours, if they bite .......... Mr. Smith will smoke their azz!
Old 07-07-2014, 11:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya know, I never really gave any thought to it but the whole Rippem and motor yacht guy dynamic should be interesting. Given the circumstances, I don't see why they're still in the boathouse. If I had little kids I definitely wouldn't be hanging down there. It's already documented that that dog should be put down. You go after one kid and you lose your doggy pass to live in my book.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 5PMSMWHR
Ya know, I never really gave any thought to it but the whole Rippem and motor yacht guy dynamic should be interesting. Given the circumstances, I don't see why they're still in the boathouse. If I had little kids I definitely wouldn't be hanging down there. It's already documented that that dog should be put down. You go after one kid and you lose your doggy pass to live in my book.
now that's (in bold) damn square in my book coming from a dog guy.
and what's your feel Mike if it takes a chunk out of (your child) Mich?
That too is entirely possible, you have to walk by it now...

It will get a chance to snarl/snap at me first most likely, and that will bring things quickly to a head...I assure you

The ship has sailed on awareness all-around, and the opportunity to protect other people on the premises from a known danger.

Could easily get all ugly and litigious all-around as well if it harms anyone.
Why would certain parties risk it? I don't get it...

Last edited by Rippem; 07-08-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Quick Reply: TIBBC "The Thread" again...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.