223LS re-do

Notices
Formula

223LS re-do

Old 02-10-2008, 04:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 223LS re-do

Well I've been working on my formula for a good month now so I figured give an update and some pics. The first project that was done was the crack in the hull. When we pulled up the carpet I found the floor was cracked along the sides where it was glassed. My glas man said water in there froze and thats what cracked the hull. Okay so it cut out the floor and fixed the crack inside and out and then put new wood in the floor and glassed it all in. No pics of that fix but I do have some of yesterdays carpet install and I also put a inspection hatch in just in case I need to look in there.
Next was thew small leak I had coming in from the transome assembly gasket, well the motors gotta come out and in doing so we found the riser gasket leaked and water went into the valves so when the motor was pulled I removed the head and the first thing I noticed was the pistons were real loose in the bores so off to the machine shop it went. My macjinest found out that the engine was a merc re-man and I dont know if it was merc or someone had there hands in it but the heads were small port and valve guids were shot (engine has 302 hrs on it) so he replaced the heads with large port heads.
Then he found it had 4 different type rods in it and all were different weights, cam was a stock truck cam 275 hp and basically to him seemed to be a piss poor re-man. So engine is done and he put all new Mercruiser goodies in it and it should be up to magnum specs now I need to figure what color to paint it.
As for the trasnsome the wood was fine but my glass guy sealed it in gelcoat anyway and now when I'm done with the rest of the cabin interior I'll start on the bilge.
Outdrive is an Alpha so I ent it out to have things gone through and I'll paint it in blck imron.
Also need tio find a power steering rack, I'll get a pic today but I was told its not made anymore and its hard to even get parts for it so I'll be bangin my head with that crap.
Heres some pics of progress, thanks for all your help.
Attached Thumbnails 223LS re-do-img_0370.jpg   223LS re-do-oso1.jpg   223LS re-do-oso2.jpg  

Last edited by prosno; 02-10-2008 at 04:39 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:42 AM
Registered

OOPS double pics sorry, heres a few more of cabin and bilge
Attached Thumbnails 223LS re-do-oso3.jpg   223LS re-do-oso4.jpg   223LS re-do-oso5.jpg  

Old 02-10-2008, 04:44 AM
Registered

Whats the paint recomendation for the bilge???
Attached Thumbnails 223LS re-do-oso6.jpg  
Old 02-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice work, I know some people have used something called bilge-cote. Some even said rustolium?
Old 02-12-2008, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice looking job there prosno.

As far as bilge paint, maybe C_Spray can chime in here or else send him a PM or something. He is in a major project redoing all the paint on his power plants and bilge, re-rigging and clean-up. Check out his thread.

C_Spray's 382 Update Thread
Old 02-25-2008, 06:44 PM
Registered

Mabey snowplow jay can get it all cleaned up for you when your done LOL
Old 02-26-2008, 03:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by imaginethat38
Mabey snowplow jay can get it all cleaned up for you when your done LOL
Hey Don hows it going? Ya maybe Jay will clean it up but I couldnt get his ass out all last year he was up that mustange clubs ass so we'll see if I can get him out to claudios this year and maybe meet up with you and have a beer. Take care bud.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:49 AM
Registered

Got the motor back so now I'll doll it up a bit
Attached Thumbnails 223LS re-do-img_0416.jpg   223LS re-do-img_0417.jpg  
Old 02-26-2008, 06:09 AM
Registered

Looks good ! Only 2 1/2 months left. Ive got both motors out and should be back in some time in May. You have to get Jay out to show how the better half spends their weekends.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:53 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice job on the flames.

Quick Reply: 223LS re-do

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.