311 exhaust

Notices
Formula

311 exhaust

Old 03-17-2008, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by handfulz28
Teague has a few sets and they get $325 per engine set; pretty darn cheap for aluminum/stainless setup in my opinion.
Indeed!!!!

Are they a "performance" manifold? Probably not so much if stock Merc stuff, right?
Old 03-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think they'd be considered "performance", but I have to believe that the nice riser design, plus a little internal work on the manifold (see some old Raylar posts) can only be an improvement over the originals.

I think the biggest difference between stock Merc and these aftermarket "value" manifolds are how much individual runner is cast inside. I've never seen what the newer Merc 496 manifolds look like inside to see whether they have a bit of runner cast in there.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:30 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ThirdBird
Thanks for the input Ted. Looking for major weight savings over stock, are the Stainless Marine much lighter than stock? I boat in fresh water so aluminum is my goal.
Oh hell yeah! The Stainless is a cast aluminum body with a stainless tailpiece. They come apart easily and weigh about 10 lbs for the body and 6-8 for the tailpiece. I actually enjoy taking them off (heads off one right now-not related to the manifolds). I would NEVER go back to iron manifolds after these things. I don't know how they compare to headers for power but for ease and longevity these things are great. I do know that Tyler Crockett uses them for his 502 upgrade, so he knows they can make some power.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Dave .... just make sure what ever you get that the alignment is right for where the pipes exit the transom. I am not sure if they are standard "Bravo" dimentions.. I had to have some "wedges" made to change the angle of the risers to hit the holes ...But my Gils were originally setup for TRS drives ...The manifolds are gils and pipes are Stainless marine....m
Attached Thumbnails 311 exhaust-454mag.jpg   311 exhaust-wedge.jpg   311 exhaust-wedge-.jpg  

Last edited by offthefront; 03-17-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by insptech
Oh hell yeah! The Stainless is a cast aluminum body with a stainless tailpiece. They come apart easily and weigh about 10 lbs for the body and 6-8 for the tailpiece. I actually enjoy taking them off (heads off one right now-not related to the manifolds). I would NEVER go back to iron manifolds after these things. I don't know how they compare to headers for power but for ease and longevity these things are great. I do know that Tyler Crockett uses them for his 502 upgrade, so he knows they can make some power.
Thanks, that's the kind of input I was hoping for to make a sound decision.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offthefront
Dave .... just make sure what ever you get that the alignment is right for where the pipes exit the transom. I am not sure if they are standard "Bravo" dimentions.. I had to have some "wedges" made to change the angle of the risers to hit the holes ...But my Gils were originally setup for TRS drives ...The manifolds are gils and pipes are Stainless marine....m
Mike, thank you too. I remember Formula Outlaw having to make up some wedges also. (remember him, where the hell did he go?)
Old 03-26-2008, 05:46 AM
Registered

Mike, thank you too. I remember Formula Outlaw having to make up some wedges also. (remember him, where the hell did he go?)
Russ moved to the fine state of Tennessee ....in search of a wife .....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...85173349496686
Old 03-26-2008, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Thanks, that's the kind of input I was hoping for to make a sound decision.

Bird,
You make a choice here yet? Better get moving, Axa has the 1st to launch deal going.

Samantha was disappointed, you never showed up.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Bird,
You make a choice here yet? Better get moving, Axa has the 1st to launch deal going.

Samantha was disappointed, you never showed up.
Not yet, working the outage here at the atom splitter. 13 to 14 hours per day leaves no time for anything. Should be done by early April, then I'll get the boat out and get ready.

Tell Sam I'll make it up to her, when you're not around!!
Old 03-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=ThirdBird;2503324]Not yet, working the outage here at the atom splitter. 13 to 14 hours per day leaves no time for anything. Should be done by early April, then I'll get the boat out and get ready.
QUOTE]

14 hours a day ???? $$$$$$ heck just order some CMI's !

Quick Reply: 311 exhaust

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.