Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Formula (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula-36/)
-   -   Hey fellow Formula guys! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/formula/186697-hey-fellow-formula-guys.html)

Shameless 05-14-2008 05:00 PM

Hey fellow Formula guys!

New to OSO, but I see many familiar names... I am STILL waiting to get my Formula wet....

ThirdBird 05-14-2008 08:05 PM

Welcome to the forum. You're new but you recognize names, from where?

masi242 05-14-2008 08:09 PM

Shamless, welcome to OSO I have been reading your posts on getting the 292 in the water what a beautiful ride.

Shameless 05-14-2008 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by ThirdBird (Post 2558264)
Welcome to the forum. You're new but you recognize names, from where?

I know some people from other forums...:cool-smiley-011:

Shameless 05-14-2008 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by masi242 (Post 2558270)
Shamless, welcome to OSO I have been reading your posts on getting the 292 in the water what a beautiful ride.

Thank you!! For some reason, I have not been able to post pics here...Just getting a message that the page can't be found, not having that problem anywhere else...

I am really hoping to be able to get her in the water this weekendm FINALLY, I HOPE!!!!

ThirdBird 05-14-2008 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Shameless (Post 2558272)
I know some people from other forums...:cool-smiley-011:

Yeah, been to a few others also. Pretty lame IMO.

BlackJack58 05-14-2008 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Shameless (Post 2558275)
Thank you!! For some reason, I have not been able to post pics here...Just getting a message that the page can't be found, not having that problem anywhere else...

I am really hoping to be able to get her in the water this weekendm FINALLY, I HOPE!!!!

Yeah - you and me both. I'm hoping to take the day off Friday and drop it into a local lake for a shakedown weekend.

Love your boat! :D :D :D

t500hps 05-14-2008 08:38 PM

Welcome.....I'm a regular on both boards. Can't wait to hear your reaction once you get into a little rough water. Should be interesting compared to that "other boat" you had!! :)

88242LS 05-14-2008 08:56 PM

welcome Shame
89donzi

4mulafastech 05-14-2008 09:31 PM

Hey Shameless, good to see you over here!:D We're still waiting to get ours wet too. Hopefully that river will settle down and we can start enjoying some boating!:drink:

formula 382 sr-1 05-14-2008 09:45 PM

Welcome :cool-smiley-011:

JUKED YOU 05-15-2008 01:03 AM

Mr. Fischer....still a little dissapointed that beautiful Formula has not been wet yet, please keep us informed as you get some time on her!!

- Andrew @ Shipyard

prosno 05-15-2008 06:27 AM

Welcome to OSO, like you I want to get her in the drink but with mom in hospice the boats been on hold, motors still on engine stand.
I can say this, the weekend after she passes all my mechanic buddies are coming over and it will be a go!
I think I'm really gonna need it then.

Shameless 05-15-2008 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by t500hps (Post 2558313)
Welcome.....I'm a regular on both boards. Can't wait to hear your reaction once you get into a little rough water. Should be interesting compared to that "other boat" you had!! :)

i am too...Though we never get rough water here on the river. I will have to wait until I take her to WI and MI before I get to see some real water!! I am anxious too for the comparison!!!

Shameless 05-15-2008 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by JUKED YOU (Post 2558592)
Mr. Fischer....still a little dissapointed that beautiful Formula has not been wet yet, please keep us informed as you get some time on her!!

- Andrew @ Shipyard

Mr. Fischer is my Father!!!!:D:D:D Just call me Bill...Anyway, I am VERY disappointed, especailly when I figured we were late in getting the boat when we typically see the water in March! But I new something was up when it was 20 degrees that morning we took delivery of the boat!

:D:D

Shameless 05-15-2008 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech (Post 2558392)
Hey Shameless, good to see you over here!:D We're still waiting to get ours wet too. Hopefully that river will settle down and we can start enjoying some boating!:drink:

You have more water coming...we crested AGAIN last night from HEavy RAIN THIS PAST SUNDAY...Not only do we have the high water, but the forcast is just dismal....:(

Shameless 05-15-2008 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by prosno (Post 2558643)
Welcome to OSO, like you I want to get her in the drink but with mom in hospice the boats been on hold, motors still on engine stand.
I can say this, the weekend after she passes all my mechanic buddies are coming over and it will be a go!
I think I'm really gonna need it then.

Best of luck with your mother!!!!

C_Spray 05-15-2008 07:01 AM

Nice! My 382 was all-white for four years, but the gel coat stained so fast in Chesapeake Bay that we had it re-done in a silver Flagship scheme.

Clean is clean. Any interior photos?

Car Biz 05-15-2008 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Shameless (Post 2558080)
New to OSO, but I see many familiar names... I am STILL waiting to get my Formula wet....

Nice to see ya here Shame:cool-smiley-011:

Splitdecision271 05-15-2008 08:02 AM

Shameless- Welcome! Good to see you make it over here. This was the first Formula Forum I found. A lot of knowledgable people. You can post anything in regards to Formula's and someone will have an answer for you before you even hit "POST". Also one of the Portor's actually patrols the site on occasion. I would be lost probably if it weren't for these forums. Can't wait to hear how she felt when you finally dunk her. I've only been out on it twice since putting mine in the water. The weather is nice during the week but crappy on the weekend, can't catch a break. I'm hoping the rain holds off for at least one day this weekend.

Downtown42 05-15-2008 09:32 AM

Welcome Shame :D this spring suks, May is 1/2 gone.

Shameless 05-15-2008 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by C_Spray (Post 2558675)
Nice! My 382 was all-white for four years, but the gel coat stained so fast in Chesapeake Bay that we had it re-done in a silver Flagship scheme.

Clean is clean. Any interior photos?

For some reason I am not able to put up any pictures...Does the 44.95 per year membership not allow pics????

Shameless 05-15-2008 12:09 PM

Thanks everyone for the welcome and great to see familiar names!!!!

Shameless 05-15-2008 12:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well, I was able to load these pics from my phone, so I am assuming that the ones from my camera are too big... I am not sure how to resize them, all of the hardware I have seen is for Windows, and I have Vista...

Shameless 05-15-2008 12:35 PM

sorry, I can't even load the ones I got from tha factory when it was being built... I guess I will turn down my camera to see if that helps...

Splitdecision271 05-15-2008 12:41 PM

Shame- Boat still looks nice and clean, sure it will stay that way too. You still flooded in Iowa? Did you install drive showers, if so which ones, thinking of putting the Halo's on mine, don't want to drill into the cavitation plate.

Shameless 05-15-2008 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Splitdecision271 (Post 2559050)
Shame- Boat still looks nice and clean, sure it will stay that way too. You still flooded in Iowa? Did you install drive showers, if so which ones, thinking of putting the Halo's on mine, don't want to drill into the cavitation plate.

Thank you, she is under fullmooring cover just waiting for the water!!!

Yes, I installed showers from Rex marine becasue I really liked how low profile the pick up was. I had halos before and I still saw chalky build up on my drive that had to be cleaned every week. Drilling into the cavitation plate does not bother me, plus it will NOT void the warranty like some have speculated on. The showers come with a template to show you exactly where to drill...no big deal...of course I also just drilled 6 holes on the swimplatform for my drive switched back there!!:D Cosmetics was big for me too, and I just do not like the way the Halos look that just blot onto the drive, but again, that is just my tastes.:grinser0

Yes still flooded, but only a foot over flood stage now, supposed to be back in the banks byt the weekend, only to expose the damaged boat ramps and what we will have to deal with.

t500hps 05-15-2008 02:32 PM

Pics......Just remembered, your used to the site self-adjusting the pic size for us. Doesn't happen like that here. Windows has a free photo sizing program that is discussed here but I can't find it at the moment.

Shameless 05-15-2008 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by t500hps (Post 2559197)
Pics......Just remembered, your used to the site self-adjusting the pic size for us. Doesn't happen like that here. Windows has a free photo sizing program that is discussed here but I can't find it at the moment.

Do you kno wif the photo sizing works for Vista??? or does it not matter??

FRMULTR 05-15-2008 03:46 PM

Hey, Shame, welcome over to OSO. Well, I beat you into the water. I took delivery yesterday afternoon, and ran it around the lake for about an hour and a half. Good luck gettin yours wet, Memorial Day weekend is approching fast!!

Shameless 05-15-2008 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by FRMULTR (Post 2559293)
Hey, Shame, welcome over to OSO. Well, I beat you into the water. I took delivery yesterday afternoon, and ran it around the lake for about an hour and a half. Good luck gettin yours wet, Memorial Day weekend is approching fast!!

CONGRATS!!! How did everything go??? Give me all of the details and what can I expect???

Shameless 05-15-2008 03:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
few...I found a way to resize...

exterior shot..

now let me go resize some more.

Shameless 05-15-2008 03:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
some more

FRMULTR 05-15-2008 04:20 PM

Everything went great! An impressive boat to say the least. A little more seat time is will get me a little more in tune with the boat. My only gripe is with the trim tabs, way to slow for my liking.( I had Dana's on my Eliminator). Hopefully I'll get back out this weekend. Now its off to my buddies shop for accessories, doc numbers,and the name.

kjo43 05-15-2008 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Shameless (Post 2558080)
I am STILL waiting to get my Formula wet....

you ain't a "formula guy" until you actually drive it. Nice to see you over here.

Shameless 05-15-2008 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by FRMULTR (Post 2559339)
Everything went great! An impressive boat to say the least. A little more seat time is will get me a little more in tune with the boat. My only gripe is with the trim tabs, way to slow for my liking.( I had Dana's on my Eliminator). Hopefully I'll get back out this weekend. Now its off to my buddies shop for accessories, doc numbers,and the name.

I think I know what ya mean about the tabs, I had 280's on my Fountain, now back to the dinky Bennets...will be an adjustment... Let me know how the weekend goes, hopefully I will get out too!!

Shameless 05-15-2008 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by kjo43 (Post 2559442)
you ain't a "formula guy" until you actually drive it. Nice to see you over here.

Awe c'mon, I have made 2 payments, does that count for something???:D:D

And..thank you!!!

FRMULTR 05-16-2008 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Shameless (Post 2559303)
few...I found a way to resize...

exterior shot..

now let me go resize some more.

How did you accomplish this? I've always had the same problem here.

Shameless 05-16-2008 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by FRMULTR (Post 2560046)
How did you accomplish this? I've always had the same problem here.

I did a google search for Vista Image Resizer and clicked on the first one that came up and downloaded it.:cool-smiley-011:

sotapop20 05-19-2008 05:06 PM

Great lookin' boat Shameless. I dig the all white schematic. I'm due to receive my 2nd 292 in about a week and a half from Bald Knob Marina.

The third picture that you posted of the interior of your boat looks like you vistited Formula's factory and did the tour. How did you like it?