Finally starting to feel like summer! >

Finally starting to feel like summer!

Notices
Formula

Finally starting to feel like summer!

Old 05-19-2008, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is where they are located. You want to have it positioned forward so the cylinder can pull the drive further in. That is the standard position for a Bravo One, but Formula elected (as least on mine) to swap it probably for safety reasons. Just don't crank the wheel at speed or in a following sea with the drives tucked in all the way!

Let us know how the rough water ride compares to your other 'ride'. Supposed to be in the mid-80's this weekend and we hope to get on the river. Have a good one!!
Attached Thumbnails Finally starting to feel like summer!-pic.jpg  
Old 05-19-2008, 09:15 AM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shame, glad to see you got out on the water, finally. I told you that those Bennett tabs suck. My dealer told me when Formula calls and asks you how you like your boat, we need to tell them just how wrong these tabs are for these boats. They hopfully will take a look at the problem and change it on future boats, (not that that helps us ). Before I go out next I think I'll give 4mula's drive spacer solution a try. If I can eliminate using the tabs when planing I'll be alot happier. Now get out there, and drive it like ya stole it !!
Old 05-19-2008, 09:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm leaving work early to flush the fresh water system, change the oil, and put 100gals of gas ($500 ) in mine....gotta get ready for the Jones Beach Air Show this weekend.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
h2oboy, sure was a nice day today to work on them! You going to try the river soon or hit the lake?

I'll be at the lake Memorial Day weekend, but I hope to be able to put the boat in the river one day later this week to do a "shake down" run. That is, if any ramps are visible - they should be though.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by FRMULTR
Shame, glad to see you got out on the water, finally. I told you that those Bennett tabs suck. My dealer told me when Formula calls and asks you how you like your boat, we need to tell them just how wrong these tabs are for these boats. They hopfully will take a look at the problem and change it on future boats, (not that that helps us ). Before I go out next I think I'll give 4mula's drive spacer solution a try. If I can eliminate using the tabs when planing I'll be alot happier. Now get out there, and drive it like ya stole it !!

Already told Formula about the tabs... I too will be checking the spacers on the drive. Hopefully we will good weather this weekend to "break her in"!!!
Old 05-19-2008, 05:22 PM
Registered

I'll be putting a direct tab replacement on my 292 when they become available from another fellow 292 owner in a few weeks. 15 minute job to swap them out. The direct replacement measures 17.65" vs. the 12" that come on the boat from Formula.

The stock ST-12's from Bennett are too weak. Should be at minimum 16-18 inches in chord length.

Talk to Formula last week about the tab issue, and I was told by one of the engineers/designers of the 292 that it would be OK to put a larger tab on the boat.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sotapop20
I'll be putting a direct tab replacement on my 292 when they become available from another fellow 292 owner in a few weeks. 15 minute job to swap them out. The direct replacement measures 17.65" vs. the 12" that come on the boat from Formula.

The stock ST-12's from Bennett are too weak. Should be at minimum 16-18 inches in chord length.

Talk to Formula last week about the tab issue, and I was told by one of the engineers/designers of the 292 that it would be OK to put a larger tab on the boat.
Those should help, but keep in mind you will still be limited by the weak cylinders. I talked with Competition Marine Center in Missouri before making the swap to K-Planes. They said one of the problem with the Bennett's is the cylinders are a bit 'spongy' at high loads which allows the tabs to deflect which can effect rough water, high speed performance. Put a rock under the K-Planes and it will jack-up your boat. The Bennett's are also very slooooooww. Now that I have K-Planes I never realized how nice it is to be able to quickly change tab settings while running at speed. Not trying to be a downer, just sharing some info. Let us know how they work out!
Old 05-19-2008, 07:33 PM
Registered

Those should help, but keep in mind you will still be limited by the weak cylinders. I talked with Competition Marine Center in Missouri before making the swap to K-Planes. They said one of the problem with the Bennett's is the cylinders are a bit 'spongy' at high loads which allows the tabs to deflect which can effect rough water, high speed performance. Put a rock under the K-Planes and it will jack-up your boat. The Bennett's are also very slooooooww. Now that I have K-Planes I never realized how nice it is to be able to quickly change tab settings while running at speed. Not trying to be a downer, just sharing some info. Let us know how they work out!

How much for the K-Planes....installed? And yes, you are correct about the Bennet's being slooooowww.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Registered

$4831 installed. This included removing the existing tabs, pump and wiring harness. Glassing the transom where the previous rams were and installing the new pumps, harness and K-planes. CMC did a great job. Hey, I never said it was cheap! The wife wasn't crazy about spending the cash. She was saying "Now explain again why these are better than what came on the boat?..." Until after we ran in some big water, then she was sold! She couldn't believe the difference.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:19 PM
Registered

$4831 installed. This included removing the existing tabs, pump and wiring harness. Glassing the transom where the previous rams were and installing the new pumps, harness and K-planes. CMC did a great job. Hey, I never said it was cheap! The wife wasn't crazy about spending the cash. She was saying "Now explain again why these are better than what came on the boat?..." Until after we ran in some big water, then she was sold! She couldn't believe the difference.

WOW!!! You're right, not cheap by any means. That's a lot of tanks of gas. But, you're happy with the boat and that is what matters most.

Did you ever consider trading in the 292 for a 353 where the K-Planes come standard on the boat?

Quick Reply: Finally starting to feel like summer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.