No boating for awhile!!! >

No boating for awhile!!!

Notices
Formula

No boating for awhile!!!

Old 06-11-2008, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No boating for awhile!!!

Damn, this sucks, we had a flood this spring and very cold weather..now the Midwest is getting nailed with flooding again, this time REALLY bad. Was told today it could be 2 months before we can get back on the water and not have to worry about anything. Becasue of all of the flooding, the closest place I can go boating is Lake Michigan, 3 hours away!!!!
Old 06-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Registered

What about Lake Geneva or Lake Winnebago for you Bill? I know Lake Geneva has a speed limit and it's expensive, but you can run the boat. The conditions in the midwest just suck right now with all the rain the region been receiving.

I doubt the Chain 'O' Lakes will be open for wake this weekend, so I'll be heading to southern Illinois with the new boat....If my schedule permits.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by sotapop20
What about Lake Geneva or Lake Winnebago for you Bill? I know Lake Geneva has a speed limit and it's expensive, but you can run the boat. The conditions in the midwest just suck right now with all the rain the region been receiving.

I doubt the Chain 'O' Lakes will be open for wake this weekend, so I'll be heading to southern Illinois with the new boat....If my schedule permits.

lake Genevas Speed limit is 35 on the weekend, so that is out. I can be to Winnebago in about 3.5 hours, IF i can get there from here now. There are ALOT of HWY's closed here in Iowa heading North and up through madison. Weather permitting, I think we are going to head over to North Point next Saturday if there isnot alot of debris on the lake from the flodding up in SE, WI. It just sucks, ecasue I really hate to spend 200-400 dollars in diesel fuel to go boating for 1 day, plus the fuel in the boat. I am also nervous about leaving right away for fear of my house flooding with the additional rain expected....
Old 06-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Shameless
lake Genevas Speed limit is 35 on the weekend, so that is out. I can be to Winnebago in about 3.5 hours, IF i can get there from here now. There are ALOT of HWY's closed here in Iowa heading North and up through madison. Weather permitting, I think we are going to head over to North Point next Saturday if there isnot alot of debris on the lake from the flodding up in SE, WI. It just sucks, ecasue I really hate to spend 200-400 dollars in diesel fuel to go boating for 1 day, plus the fuel in the boat. I am also nervous about leaving right away for fear of my house flooding with the additional rain expected....
Shameless ... sorry about your bad luck with the weather. hang in there!!!
Old 06-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 06-11-2008, 08:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Where are you located?
Old 06-11-2008, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Boomer 880
Where are you located?

I am in Davenport, IA, on the Mississippi.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Shameless
I am in Davenport, IA, on the Mississippi.
Not to throw more fuel on the fire, but more rain is on the way for our area Thursday night/Friday morning....But a beautiful weekend on tap!
Old 06-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear Shame I hope for the best for you guys
Old 06-12-2008, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by sotapop20
Not to throw more fuel on the fire, but more rain is on the way for our area Thursday night/Friday morning....But a beautiful weekend on tap!

Yup, lots of rain too...all the work to prevent things I can do is done, so we are just waiting on the word to evacuate if needed, but my home SHOULD be OK. My business flooded last week, we got the water out and have done all we can to hopefully keep it from happening again Friday and this weekend. My boiat, camper and truck are in my building at my business, but should be safe, water was only about an inch deep in there last week.

Quick Reply: No boating for awhile!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.