New boat deliveries

Notices
Formula

New boat deliveries

Old 07-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New boat deliveries

Have you lately bought and received new Formula boats?Have you got your boat in due time?I have seen,that there has been delays in boats with Axius,but what about boats with ordinary engines and sterndrives ?
Old 07-07-2008, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Mine got delivered within 2 days of the original estimated delivery date, with Axius.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Axius boat was delayed about 1 month or so for software problems. My Cousins non-Axius 350 was delivered on time. I even think he got it before the scheduled date.

Hey John, do you always use Axius stick to dock or are you using the throttles at time? How about taking off from the dock or lift? I always use the axius stick to dock but thats about it. Very few times I will use it if I have to move sideways but it is not perfect.

Bow thrusters I think would be better. Or even better, bow thrusters that were controlled with the axius stick. Axius all controlling the drives, steering and bow thrusters at the same time would be the way to go.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by cmcjo
My Axius boat was delayed about 1 month or so for software problems. My Cousins non-Axius 350 was delivered on time. I even think he got it before the scheduled date.

Hey John, do you always use Axius stick to dock or are you using the throttles at time? How about taking off from the dock or lift? I always use the axius stick to dock but thats about it. Very few times I will use it if I have to move sideways but it is not perfect.

Bow thrusters I think would be better. Or even better, bow thrusters that were controlled with the axius stick. Axius all controlling the drives, steering and bow thrusters at the same time would be the way to go.
I used the shifters/throttles this weekend once, then thought, why the heck am I bothering to do that. The DTS shifters make it more difficult than the livorsi separate shifter/throttle set up.

I only use Axius to dock, whether I am pulling it in straight or sideways. I always use it in dock mode, never in non-dock mode. I can move mine sideways perfectly, but it is a matter of getting used to the joy stick. I found if you put the joystick at say the 3 o'clock position, to move sideways starboard, the nose will lag behind for a few seconds, and there is a forward movement versus straight sideways movement. So when I want to move straight sideways starboard, I put it about 3:30 or 4 O'clock, which gives it more RPM on the reverse prop, and I give it a slight twist clockwise to catch the nose up to the stern. Once the boat starts moving I can let the closkwise twist off, and the nose stays up to the stern and the boat will walk perfectly sideways. It was just a matter of figuring out the RPMs of each engine, just like using livorsi shifters and throttles. Generally a forward spinning prop will always get more bite than a prop in reverse, and that does not change with Axius.

Last edited by Mentalpause; 07-07-2008 at 07:56 PM.