Baja 27-30 Outlaw
Wellcraft 29 Scarab
Sunsation 288
Fountain 27-29 Fever
Thank You
Old 08-27-2008, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any of the first, because they are Formula. You will NOT find any better manufacturer support after the sale. I have had a 311 in the past and currently a 382 Fastech and 260 SS day boat. All were purchased used, two from private owners. The dealer I bought my 260 SS from in April just called me today to see how things were going. Top shelf people to deal with.

Last edited by RedDog382; 08-28-2008 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:15 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All the options you listed would be good options. But, as RedDog said, you simply won't find better factory support than Formula.

Formula employs a group, the Technical Assistance Group or TAG. Their sole function is to provide technical (not customer relations) support to Formula owners and dealers. What other company do you know that employs people just for this reason,,,,none! Plus, these people know their stuff. As RedDog said, he has not bought a new Formula, nor have I. I've owned three Formulas. Every single question I've asked has been answered promptly and completely. An email to TAG results in an answer usually that same day, normally within two hours.

I have friends with other brands, they're always amazed at the support I get from Formula. Formula treats me like I just bought a brand new boat. Most other companies don't care if you just bought a brand new boat!!!!

Can't say enough about this company. They set the standard.

Additionally, the materials and build quality Formula employs result in a boat that lasts. A modicum of normal maintenance, cleaning, and waxing and the boats look nice. Mine is 19 years old and I still get many compliments.

Although the other boats you listed are nice boats, try calling any one of those companies with a question about a 10, 15, 20 year old boat. Good luck!!!

I sound like a Formula employee here. I'm not. To be honest, I would do a commercial for this company.

Last edited by ThirdBird; 08-28-2008 at 06:17 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:08 AM
Registered

RedDog and ThirdBird stated it the best.

Plus, it's a FORMULA. Pull into any marina, anchorage or local hangout, and the Formula will stand out with everyone who sees you.

You could do a great commercial there ThirdBird.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As stated above they set the bar I am on my second Formula and will buy nothing else, and I bet if you ask alot of us we are on our second and third Formula's. I have a 271 and love it, my first was a 242, both boats Ive called the factory on diff things and got the feeling of I just spent 300k on a new one! the quality is unreal, they hold up and for the most part yes even in our current economy they hold there value!
Old 08-28-2008, 07:16 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Moxxy ,

Welcome to the Formula forum ....

As the guys have mentioned above the support and quality is second to none.
I too have a 311 of which is a 20 yr. boat and is absolutely 100% original which I would up against any 3-5 yr. old boat off brand as far as shape is concerned.

You won't get it until you experience what we are talking about.
Now we aren't in some kind of cult here ..... we are just really impressed with end results of a company that wants a customer for life.

Where are you located?
I would be more then happy to show you what a 20 yr old Formula looks like and a 19 yr old Formula (ThirdBird) looks like. Then go and do your comparisons ...... there isn't any !!!

Not sure what you are looking for but as luck would have it a good friend of mine has just decided to sell his '92 336 which is the newer version of my 311. The hulls are exactly the same I believe.

This boat is extra clean stays on a lift and has a/c, 365 mags w/bravos and full canvas and a trailer.

Not sure what is going to ask but it has to go now from what he is saying.

We are located in Rochester NY, Lake Ontario area if that helps.

Just thought I throw that out there.
The nice thing about buying a older Formula is the fact you can get a he!! of alot of boat for not big money when compared to the other manufacturers .....

Good Luck ....

Jeff
Old 08-28-2008, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

I've owned both, I have to disagree on one thing - the manufacturer on this list with the absolute best customer support - Sunsation. No question - no comparison.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Registered

This is a great thread... mainly because I was going to ask the same basic question. Only difference is I'm looking at '09 292 and '08 Sunsation 288. I like both and both seem to rank high in regards to customer service.

Where I need help is justifying the price difference -- about $60k higher for the 292. Anyone have any thoughts or comments? I really like the 292 and the dealer is a good friend (friend from high school, previous boats and do business with them) but I'm not seeing $60k premium.

Please help.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:04 PM
Registered

isnt the sunsation a single engine?
Old 08-29-2008, 05:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
I've owned both, I have to disagree on one thing - the manufacturer on this list with the absolute best customer support - Sunsation. No question - no comparison.
I have not owned a Sunsation, but I still beg to differ with you.

I know the guy who bought one of the first 32 Sunsations out of the mold. It was not a good outcome for either him or for Sunsation. They started sometime around 1990. Formula has been around for much longer.

I have been through the Formula plant on two occasions more than 15 years apart, and it has only grown and improved. It is a constant beehive of activity.

How many Sunsations are put out each year and how many are still out there 25 years later still looking like they just rolled off the line? How many Sunsation dealers are there across the country vs Formula dealers? How many different lines/models has Sunsation successfully produced vs. Formula?

If you want a limited production boat out of a much smaller company, Sunsation is not a bad boat. There is still a long history with Formula that simply cannot be denied.

Last edited by RedDog382; 08-29-2008 at 12:28 PM.

Quick Reply: new boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.